Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ex plod 3.2 MV6 Auto cuts out  (Read 1608 times)

Mick_600

• Warrington, Cheshire
    • View Profile
Re: Ex plod 3.2 MV6 Auto cuts out
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2007, 22:58:33 »

Firstly sorry for not responding to the recent posts. I have been away a couple of times and for some reason haven't had the reminder emails.

It's fixed !!! First time I've had time to do it and it hasn't been pi**ing down. Took about an hour but I reckon 40 minutes of that was on the phone !!

Didn't have to take the scuttle off in the end, because it was bust, it lifted far enough to get at the connector and I routed the new cable through the brake lines without ties. Plenty clear of the exhaust, no hot pipes either and plenty of slack for engine movement.

I did get the wrong part first time around, oblong connector instead of the oval one so the oblong connector one is on ebay now for £30 if anyone needs one.

To answer the post I missed, the difference between the old and new scuttle is that the screen washers are in the scuttle on the new one instead of the on the bonnet. Reckon they bust it trying to take out the cables running through the bulkhead. They just cut them on the end. Just need to fix the airbags now, fault cose say low resitance on the squab which could be the squab if I'm lucky but might also be a short caused buy the burnt out wire I had on a previous post.

No real issues plod wise with it at all. The extra wiring I just take out bits at a time when I have the relevant area stripped down. As a car it is great, handles well for a big car and now I've had the belt done and got the timing right on both banks of valves it goes well too. The mechanic who did the belts remarked on how tight the engine was, in fact they took it in turns to turn the engine over to check it all. It seemed more like a 50k engine rather than the 160k it's actually done. I suppose that'll be it having been serviced every 8k miles instead of the the 20k in the handbook. Would say it drives more like 50k miles too. The only sign of wear is the occasional sticking of the powersteering when stopped on full lock with the engine idling but it is very slow idle at just 500rpm which wouldn't help.

I'd certainly buy another one. Where else can you get a big 02 plate estate car for under £2k that goes like stink. Hope that helps with the off topic and sorry it's a bit late.

Thanks a lot again for all the advice and comments and if I can be of any help to someone that has or is thinking of getting an ex plod, feel free to ask.

Cheers
Mike
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.