Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: flushing marmite from 3.2  (Read 1569 times)

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Re: flushing marmite from 3.2
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2008, 17:57:11 »

Funny enough that is what you will pay per can for semisynth on the TC deal..

feeutfo

« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2008, 23:15:42 »

I won't tell you what we did with a Rover 214 and a couple of gallons of diesel ::)

No go on tell us. did it work? :o if you got nothing to loose on a £100 piece of snot thats 7 litres of diesel short of the scrap heap and rattles like a bucket of spanners, why not, if it gets your valves working,IF? Deisel better lube than marmite perhaps?
 NO good in 4k worth of v6 saloon obviously!he was not sujesting that in my case to be fair. What was story with the rover? Tell us tell us.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2008, 23:45:30 »

I still have a 5Ltr of CastrolGTX oil in garage never did change my 2.0CD over to semi synth  price on it £7.99 LOL  so one more oil change of std oil then will go the Synth route ! :y

I spotted a 5 litre (metal) can of Duckhams "Q" 20w50 in dad's garage which was inherited when my great uncle passed away leaving his workshop to be cleared (found an entire Austin 7 under the junk!). He has been given strict instructions not to put it in his lawn mower let alone a modern car!

I notice they sell this stuff as a "classic" oil now, for 18 quid a can! :o

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 June 2008, 08:01:33 »

Go with the oil changes, I do mine on my 3.0l which has done around 120k every 4k.... never get any mayo or crud.... :y

[size=18]AND[/size] ALWAYS A FILTER CHANGE TOO !

DC
« Last Edit: 21 June 2008, 08:03:05 by dave_c »
Do it right, do it once................

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 23 June 2008, 11:04:38 »

I won't tell you what we did with a Rover 214 and a couple of gallons of diesel ::)

No go on tell us. did it work? :o if you got nothing to loose on a £100 piece of snot thats 7 litres of diesel short of the scrap heap and rattles like a bucket of spanners, why not, if it gets your valves working,IF? Deisel better lube than marmite perhaps?
 NO good in 4k worth of v6 saloon obviously!he was not sujesting that in my case to be fair. What was story with the rover? Tell us tell us.

Bump ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 June 2008, 11:33:16 »

Bump ::)

Must make the inevitable head gasket change less messy if you've internally degreased the engine first.  ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2008, 16:50:13 »

Kevin
Does it congeal when it gets old?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2008, 16:57:30 »

Kevin
Does it congeal when it gets old?

It's just a very, very low tech oil from before the days when engines were even remotely demanding of their oil. Put it in a modern engine and it'll turn to sludge.

Kevin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.