Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: active select  (Read 2603 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: active select
« Reply #15 on: 06 March 2013, 20:53:11 »

thanks for the reassurance  ;D ;D Luckily its a motability vehicle to replace our old estima so all parts/labour covered.

You have just got a motability car? brave, very brave unless you are under about 50 years old....... ;) ;)

;D ;D As luck would have it Vamps I am in fact (whisper it) over 50. Who would know?
 Actually its for our youngest as he now needs a wheelchair to get about and his AS makes using what little public transport there is difficult to say the least. We did keep the Estima as there was plenty of room but as all the other kids have flown the nest now we didnt really need 7 seats any more. Very sad to lose her as she was in very good nick for a 20 year old car but mpg wasnt good and the stuff that needed doing for the MOT , though not major, was really an expense we couldnt afford. Anyhow, went for the motability option as no worries about MOTs etc and SWMBO thought it would would be nice to have a "new" car for a bit having had a 20yr old one and a 15 yr old miggy for so long. Think she wanted something smaller until I pointed out that, quite apart from his wheelchair, if we went away anywhere, whilst I might get all my stuff in a carrier bag she ended up packing the kitchen sink ;D Lip on the estate is obviously lower too making taking the wheelchair in/out a lot easier. Chose the auto option because havent had a manual car for over 10 years now and,well, as I said, I am over 50 now ::)

My concern would be that you are very likely to lose your high rate mobility allowance within the 3 years lease of the car...... :( :( :(

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2013, 07:07:41 »

thanks for the reassurance  ;D ;D Luckily its a motability vehicle to replace our old estima so all parts/labour covered.

You have just got a motability car? brave, very brave unless you are under about 50 years old....... ;) ;)

;D ;D As luck would have it Vamps I am in fact (whisper it) over 50. Who would know?
 Actually its for our youngest as he now needs a wheelchair to get about and his AS makes using what little public transport there is difficult to say the least. We did keep the Estima as there was plenty of room but as all the other kids have flown the nest now we didnt really need 7 seats any more. Very sad to lose her as she was in very good nick for a 20 year old car but mpg wasnt good and the stuff that needed doing for the MOT , though not major, was really an expense we couldnt afford. Anyhow, went for the motability option as no worries about MOTs etc and SWMBO thought it would would be nice to have a "new" car for a bit having had a 20yr old one and a 15 yr old miggy for so long. Think she wanted something smaller until I pointed out that, quite apart from his wheelchair, if we went away anywhere, whilst I might get all my stuff in a carrier bag she ended up packing the kitchen sink ;D Lip on the estate is obviously lower too making taking the wheelchair in/out a lot easier. Chose the auto option because havent had a manual car for over 10 years now and,well, as I said, I am over 50 now ::)

My concern would be that you are very likely to lose your high rate mobility allowance within the 3 years lease of the car...... :( :( :(

Ah,now I see your point :-\ :-\Thanks for the heads up. Weve only fairly recently had the higher mobility allowance and we used that to support running the estima. Our youngest has aspergers and dystonia (well, thats what his working diagnosis is but tbh ,whilst symptoms are same I dont think they really know for sure). In any event, his mobility has severely worsened over past year or so and whilst its sort of plateaued now the concern is obviously whether it will spread to other parts of his body. Working the hours I do, I need a car for work but SWMBO needs one  too in order to take him to appointments etc that cannot be arranged for my days off. His aspergers makes any form of travelling hard enough and public transport (such as it is) virtually impossible. TBH Vamps , Ive always felt a bit guilty about the financial help weve recently had but as work colleagues have said, Ive worked bloody hard all my life, my better half has had to give up work to look after our youngest and our lives have -as I guess the majority of carers have-changed dramatically. Were extremely restricted now, financially worse off and dont really ever get any us/we time/respite. Weve both paid into the system, weve personally seen others abuse of it , so surely we are genuinely entitled to something back? See, must feel bit guilty or wouldnt be so defensive ;D :-\Not, of course, that this will change any decision that this govts cuts will bring :(

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2013, 21:07:31 »

Jerry - you have PM ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.