Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine change  (Read 2351 times)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: Engine change
« Reply #15 on: 30 July 2015, 19:09:26 »

It takes me days to do an engine swap. I don't do them often enough to remember the procedure, so I always make a 'bible' with full pictures/diagrams. Bagging or returning the bolts back to their holes. Then I give the engine bay a nice clean up with degreaser (makes finding leaks easier later and looks better), before moving over to the parts/bolts which end being cleaned in petrol and/or going on the wire wheel grinder. I also copper slip as much as safe to do on the re-build, as I always assume it'll be me taking it out next time. Then there is torque settings, fluids to sort. You may notice - I don't rush.

Last engine swap took less than a day to get the engine & box out. A day prepping the new engine (IE swapping parts over, cleaning them) and finally a day to get the engine back in. I will say it then took about another 5 hours work as I was swapping a 2004 engine into a 1998 car so the wiring and vacuum pipes took some work. As an added bonus, I converted it to COPs so did away with the coil pack.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.