Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Russia, Syria, Rods2  (Read 3777 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Russia, Syria, Rods2
« Reply #15 on: 05 October 2015, 01:11:26 »

FSB ISIS Recruitment in Dagestan article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/23/russia-s-playing-a-double-game-with-islamic-terror0.html

From that article: Milashina makes her case study the village of Novosasitili in Dagestan’s Khasavyurt district. Since 2011, nearly 1 percent of the total population of Novosasitili has gone to Syria—22 out of 2,500 residents. Of that figure, five were killed and five have returned home. But they didn’t leave Russia, a country notoriously difficult to enter and exit, without outside help. The FSB established a “green corridor” to allow them to migrate first to Turkey, and then to Syria.

So, 22 people leave a village to go to Syria and that amounts to the FSB controlling ISIS?

And even the BBC is reporting it, so it must be common knowledge.

"Tragically, what has happened is that most of the Russian air strikes, as far as we have been able to see so far, have been in parts of Syria not controlled by Isil (IS) but controlled by other opponents to the regime."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34438993

Even the BBC? That paragon of independent journalism? They are reporting Cameron's comments, which are of course scornful of the Russian activity since he supports the anti-Assad rebels – even though some are affiliated to Al_Qaeda.

Look, I know you're fiercely anti-Russian, Rods, but the West has done little to sort out Syria, other than talk the talk. Now it's Russia's turn. As for Assad, he may well not be a nice person, but all faiths lived peacefully together under his rule. A post-Assad Syria would be an Islamic fundamentalist state and a breeding ground for terrorism reaching right into Europe.

Of course, one must also remember that this is Sunni vs. Shi'ite argument, too.

If you disagree with the Michael Weiss article on ISIS recruitment, write and tell him why he is wrong. They are all very amenable to fact based and independently verified corrections as their professional pride means they like to get thing right. You can contact him via Twitter at @michaeldweiss, if you are not on Twitter he is the editor in chief of theinterpretermag.com, which is an authorative MSM newsfeed on the Ukranian and Syrian conflicts or you could always contact him through his publisher, which you should be able to get via his latest book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Isis-Inside-Terror-Michael-Weiss/dp/1941393578.

My only piece of advice is to make sure all your ducks are in a row with your factual arguments as Michael has a formidable reputation for his detailed research and getting most things right.

Yes, I am anti-Russian political class, but that also applies to all dictatorships, because of their bad outcomes for the majority of the population and their abuses of them. Democracies aren't perfect but they are in a different league of decency compared to dictators, especially the more vile ones like Putin. Most dictators have ardent support from 20% of the population, 60% are indifferent and 20% are the opposition. That is why I don't blame the majority of Russians.

Obama's foreign policy or lack of, has been a global disaster. On his own admission he has only read 37% of essential briefing papers and the other main players of Kerry and Rice have been equally useless.He was warned that a rapid drawdown of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan to a political timetable rather than a strategic or tactical one would be a disaster, but him, Kerry and Rice, who have not collectively spent 1 day in the military overruled all of the local and Pentagon based general's objections. As senior staff resign he is finding it more and more difficult to find the right people to fill many poisoned chalice positions. I have personally be very vocal of his unenforced red lines on chemical weapons and his turning a blind eye to regular Assad chlorine bomb attacks which have injured and killed many Syrian civilians, but that is apparently okay where the US does not officially classify them as a chemical weapon! That must be a real consolation for those on the wrong end of them. Obama's stupidity has now got him into a very difficult situation, which I'm not sure on how they are going to extract himself and US from with any credibility left in the Middle East! Fortunately, both the US and Russia will be very careful to not get involved in any direct conflict, but expect much more arming of proxies and for things to escalate with many more deaths. Probably the best outcome at the moment is the partition of Syria as Assad's army is exhausted and running out of manpower, Russia at best will stabilize the frontlines on the areas he still controls, but the Free Syrian Army and the Kurds which control considerable parts of the country will never accept being under Assad, another vile dictator. ISIS outside of Russia and Iran have no friends.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2015, 20:40:15 »

If you disagree with the Michael Weiss article on ISIS recruitment, write and tell him why he is wrong. They are all very amenable to fact based and independently verified corrections as their professional pride means they like to get thing right. You can contact him via Twitter at @michaeldweiss, if you are not on Twitter he is the editor in chief of theinterpretermag.com, which is an authorative MSM newsfeed on the Ukranian and Syrian conflicts or you could always contact him through his publisher, which you should be able to get via his latest book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Isis-Inside-Terror-Michael-Weiss/dp/1941393578.

My only piece of advice is to make sure all your ducks are in a row with your factual arguments as Michael has a formidable reputation for his detailed research and getting most things right.

I merely posted my thoughts, I didn't expect to get chapter and verse from you on this Weiss fellow.

Seems you like him a lot, though...  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 October 2015, 08:28:21 »

I'll stock up on popcorn then.
Ye har, there's gona be war, the sunny's versus shirt's,  in Syria, been along time coming, then oil prices rise, Russia and America sell there oil,make billions, while giving military support to there chosen side.

Hasn't nobody else seen it.
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2015, 09:11:08 »

Did'nt Nostradamus predict that world war three would emanate from the middle east?Because let's face it the place is full of trigger happy nob heads ::)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2015, 09:22:37 »

Better get the mig armour plated mad max style  ::)
Omegatitis

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 October 2015, 09:46:43 »

Better get the mig armour plated mad max style  ::)

No,need to rods is going to collect all the power-sounders and post them to,middle east, be a-blaze in minwets.  :D
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.