Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: I thought this covid lark was finished  (Read 5960 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: I thought this covid lark was finished
« Reply #135 on: 25 April 2022, 18:55:57 »

9 in 10 deaths with Covid-19 on the death certificate since the start of the pandemic have coronavirus as the primary cause of death.
No, Doc Gollum and friends said all Covid deaths were caused by people getting knocked down by a bus....
Arguably far more fatal than a dose of TCV...
I would suggest that 6.2m families globally would disagree, and I bet there hasn't been 6.2m people killed in the last 2 years by a bus.

I know you enjoy figures, so for the UK only...
174,000 killed "with covid on the death cert" in the last 2 years
Taking the pre covid UK road deaths (because the figures are really low for last couple of years) is about 1800 a year - that's all road deaths, as I couldn't quickly find at "killed by a bus" stat.

So you are 50 times more likely to be killed by covid than you are to be killed on UK roads, let alone knocked down by a bus...

Is that definitive enough for you?
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 25 April 2022, 19:13:27 »

9 in 10 deaths with Covid-19 on the death certificate since the start of the pandemic have coronavirus as the primary cause of death.
No, Doc Gollum and friends said all Covid deaths were caused by people getting knocked down by a bus....
Arguably far more fatal than a dose of TCV...
I would suggest that 6.2m families globally would disagree, and I bet there hasn't been 6.2m people killed in the last 2 years by a bus.

I know you enjoy figures, so for the UK only...
174,000 killed "with covid on the death cert" in the last 2 years
Taking the pre covid UK road deaths (because the figures are really low for last couple of years) is about 1800 a year - that's all road deaths, as I couldn't quickly find at "killed by a bus" stat.

So you are 50 times more likely to be killed by covid than you are to be killed on UK roads, let alone knocked down by a bus...

Is that definitive enough for you?

Can you definitely tell us how many of these were killed by a bus within 28 days of a positive covid test?   :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 25 April 2022, 20:54:44 »

The whole point of the 'hit by a Bus' concept was to make the observation that dying within 28 days of a positive test regardless of actual cause does not a Covid death make.

How many of those 174,000 died waiting for treatment and caught Covid in hospital for unrelated issues?

Apparently 172,200 if you exclude being hit by a bus.  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 25 April 2022, 21:07:36 »

Why does any of this matter? Apart from some pathetic point scoring. Some people seem to forget that what we say or think really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things, the powers that be will do what they think is right, that's why we voted to make them the powers that be.
I hope that covid, or TCV for those of us that make up daft acronyms, will disappear eventually. But, if not, expect more countermeasures, like them or not.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 26 April 2022, 11:45:49 »

The whole point of the 'hit by a Bus' concept was to make the observation that dying within 28 days of a positive test regardless of actual cause does not a Covid death make.

How many of those 174,000 died waiting for treatment and caught Covid in hospital for unrelated issues?

Apparently 172,200 if you exclude being hit by a bus.  ::)
According to ONS, at least 9 in 10 of those "deaths within 28 days of a covid positive" are categorically caused by the person catching the virus and it killing them.  I'm sure you can do the maths, and don't need me to tell you that is at least 156,600 people in the UK directly killed by catching this.

Sadly, I know a good handful  :'(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 26 April 2022, 11:53:01 »

I hope that covid, or TCV for those of us that make up daft acronyms, will disappear eventually. But, if not, expect more countermeasures, like them or not.
I think we all know the chinky sniffle is here to stay.  Different regimes are trying different tactics - the UK is now all about herd immunity* with probably annual/6 monthly jabs, the Chinese are trying the squash it as it arises.

At least in the UK, the vast majority of people just fell a bit unwell if they catch it. But lets not forget there are thousands who seem to struggle getting over it for months and months, and quite a lot of people are still dying.  Despite the fact its all over.

*probably more likely anything that seems a good news story, as lockdowns, lockdown parties, cost of living and the mess of brexit means the government are desperate to the point of cavalier to get some good press.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.