Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: a clockwork orange  (Read 1924 times)

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
Re: a clockwork orange
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2010, 11:12:49 »

Bart Simpson often dresses up as "Alex" the ultra-violent rapist droog - which always makes me laugh - he's his hero....Lisa has too  :y
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2010, 11:26:08 »

And interesting film, but badly dated in the ultra violence/brainwashed genre now.

I think its biggest appeal back in the 70s and 80s was that it was banned...
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2010, 13:31:29 »

The film was actually banned by Stanley Kubrick, the Director, shortly after He made it, wasn't till His death a few years back that the films been allowed to be shown again.

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2010, 15:32:51 »

The film was actually banned by Stanley Kubrick, the Director, shortly after He made it, wasn't till His death a few years back that the films been allowed to be shown again.

Indeed so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange_(film)#British_withdrawal

SJKOO01

« Reply #19 on: 14 November 2010, 17:13:33 »

And interesting film, but badly dated in the ultra violence/brainwashed genre now.

I think its biggest appeal back in the 70s and 80s was that ..it was banned.

How to get good promotional work of a film / song on the radio if you don't think that you can get it in the mainstream.  Make it as obscene as you possibly can without going too far, knowing the censors will ban it, then the public will go mad to see it / hear it to see why it's been banned = popular in the end just for that reason  ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2010, 17:18:01 »

Except the censors didn't ban it in the case of A Clockwork Orange (although they might have in time)

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 November 2010, 22:11:39 »

It was the fashionable film to watch at university for a while when completely mullered. Consequently, I can't remember much about it. :-[

But then, it was banned then, IIRC, adding to the appeal. ::)

Kevin

Some of it was filmed at Brunel Uni, kinda interesting watching when mullered, going 'i recognise that!'

Its not changed since it was filmed either  ;D
That site at Uxbridge was used for a few film shoots primarily because it was never completed is quite forbidding.  Clockwork Orange was on the students prospectus when I went there.  It ranked higher that academic qualifications at that age. ;)
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

bluey

• Intermediate Member
  • West Mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 November 2010, 22:12:37 »

I didn't realise until very recently that one of droogs was played by Warren Clarke.

Debs.

« Reply #23 on: 14 November 2010, 22:26:41 »

:P I prefer chocolate ones.....but I`m sure that [ch289]eolur[ch275]ad automata are good too! ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 November 2010, 22:46:43 »

It was the fashionable film to watch at university for a while when completely mullered. Consequently, I can't remember much about it. :-[

Kevin

Yes it was a banned film, along with Texan chainsaw massacures, think there was another at the time but cant remember it. :-/
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 November 2010, 22:59:41 »

Kevin

Yes it was a banned film, along with Texan chainsaw massacures, think there was another at the time but cant remember it. :-/

it wasn't banned, Kubrick himself withdrew it after a couple of high profile cases (a murder and a rape) were allegedly "inspired" by the film :o
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

bury omega

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 November 2010, 00:46:54 »

caught the last twenty mins or so, used to have it on VHS about 15 years ago, it had an FBI anti copying warning at the beginning.appartently the bloke I got it off got it off a bloke who got it from an adult video shop in manchester.   being banned made the whole experience all the sweeter.

In the book which the film is based on, theres a whole extra chapter, Alex gets a new gang and is back to his ultra violence, but after a few months or so gets to about 20 years old and meets a nice girl and starts getting bored with smashing heads in and gang rape. He settles down, I think thats when the title comes in, Alex compares his changing outlook to clockwork, because when he gets a certain age it changes, as it does with all blokes.I remember reading somewhere that it was decided that Alex being all domesticated and nice would be a crap ending to the film.

Not sure I agree with that at all, but a class film, I like the bit were his probation officer visits him and hes still in bed and the probation officer puts his arm around him and gives him a fatherly lecture about being good boy and learning to help himself and then punches him in the knackers for no obvious reason.

Some great big wobbly boobs in that film too, Kubrick must have had a Benny Hill side to him that he didnt get the chance to explore in 2001 and full metal jacket.

bury omega

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 November 2010, 00:52:00 »

Bart Simpson often dresses up as "Alex" the ultra-violent rapist droog - which always makes me laugh - he's his hero....Lisa has too  :y

Yeah! I loved the way Bart has the walking stick as well.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 November 2010, 19:08:18 »

Just seen a halloween special where Maggie does too  ;D ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 November 2010, 22:25:24 »

The most disturbing film I've seen is Salo....made in the early seventies and banned for many years.....not for the easily shocked this one.. :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.