Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: This may cause a few arguments  (Read 4843 times)

Mysteryman

Re: This may cause a few arguments
« Reply #105 on: 15 December 2010, 17:05:24 »

I am not getting into this argument but...rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit........
;D ;D ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #106 on: 15 December 2010, 17:19:34 »

look in the pictures ,his legs , their positions when he is on his feet and weakness of the legs..

if you cant distinguish a healthy person and a weak one , no need to comment further >:(

and I hope this boy find a good lawyer and do what is necessary >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 15 December 2010, 17:20:12 by cem_devecioglu »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 15 December 2010, 18:39:21 »

I happen to think Turkey shouldn't in a million years be allowed in the EU for their atrocious record on human rights and the ongoing crime of the invasion of Cyprus.
As someone who has taken a very keen interest in Cypriot history and politics - some here will know why - and have spent much time studying the history of it, its a deeper rooted debate than the 1974 Turkish "(re?)invasion", so to suggest that is ouright wrong, perhaps shows a lack of understanding, or too much time spent just north of Paralimni (good Greek restuarant just off the square there :y).

That would be like me claiming that reglion was the reason for Prodestant/Catholic, Nationalist/Republican difficulties in Northern Ireland over the past few decades.

But bringing that in is off topic.

As a moderator, my reading of your posts to/about cem is bordering on the offensive IMHO.  Whilst I'm sure cem is more than capable of fighting his corner, I believe your posts about him and his country have overstepped the line here.  Remember, we need to respect each other's views, and also remember that OOF is a global site.

As a member here, I disagree with the majority of cem's views on this particular subject, but like to think we can be friends (or at least respect each others views), and agree to disagree sometimes.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 15 December 2010, 18:44:47 »

and I shall lock this thread at 7pm - I believe it has just about run its course.

Some people think the Police have a hard job, and that the 'disabled' man was a sympathy plant to get headlines.

Some people think that the Police grossly overstepped the mark, and the Police should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Bottom line remains that nobody has the right to threaten or harm anyone else, nor does anyone have the right to damage property that does not belong to them.

Thread will be locked at 7pm.
Grumpy old man

bluey

• Intermediate Member
  • West Mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 15 December 2010, 18:49:34 »

Cem, you determined an awful lot about the state of MacIntyre's legs from two images that showed about 8 inches of the top of his thighs.   From memory CP sufferers don't, strictly speaking, have 'weak' legs.  CP is a brain condition, not a body degenerative one.  They suffer from control of the limbs, with muscle tone being stiff or over-relaxed, and arms/legs might be kept in set positions, and can have body deformities resulting from the problems with muscle tone.

bluey

• Intermediate Member
  • West Mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 15 December 2010, 18:56:32 »

I would suggest the idea that MacIntyre is/was a sob story to counteract the antics of various students during previous demonstrations is a little contentious.  MacIntyre doesn't have all that much time for the NUS, (and very much less for the Labour party incidentally),  So I doubt whether he is a prime instigator in the publicity and probably more of a quite willing participant.   He's strong-minded, which is in my opinion a good thing if also appallingly myopic in a rather Citizen Smith way, and he come over as a bit of an unwitting satire. 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 15 December 2010, 19:00:15 »

Locked as promised.

Now please feel free to play nicely elsewhere on the site....
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.