Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted used hub and bearing or recommendations please  (Read 1039 times)

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
Wanted used hub and bearing or recommendations please
« on: 05 January 2012, 12:51:32 »

I can't post in the wanted section for some reason, so I can't directly ask anyone who would likely use that section!

I can understand if theres a post limit on selling items, but requesting wanted items, don't see the point of making it so tricky.

Anyway, i'm not trying to circumvent posting rules, but I still need a bearing/hub assembly for my 2.6 V6 51 Plate Omega on the drivers side, so either reccomendations for cheap new items from trusted sellers, or if anyones breaking an Omega and isn't too far from Bath/Bristol and i'm happy to put on a decent and used replacement instead if the price is nice.

Sorry once again if any mods think i'm being an arse, but how else can I ask with this wanted section restriction?
« Last Edit: 05 January 2012, 17:41:28 by Darth Loo-knee »

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Reccomendations for cheap or used hub and bearing
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2012, 12:52:42 »

the guidelines mention placing wanted ads in the test zone where we move them to the correct area :y

no other way to auto enforce the difference sorry.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Reccomendations for cheap or used hub and bearing
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2012, 13:07:53 »

Myself & other members have used these in the past with no issues but IIRC other members have had "play" problems once torqued
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Wheel-Bearing-Vauxhall-Omega-1994-onwards-All-/280760889622?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415ea73116
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

feeutfo

Re: Wanted used hub and bearing or recommendations please
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2012, 18:46:33 »

Myself & other members have used these in the past with no issues but IIRC other members have had "play" problems once torqued
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Wheel-Bearing-Vauxhall-Omega-1994-onwards-All-/280760889622?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415ea73116
Been pondering this for a while, and wondered of the issue might be with the nut... do you re use the old nut, or fit the new nut that comes with the bearing? Perhaps?

Because the last one I fitted on the drive I had issues with, the nut thread didn't seem as smooth as the original, and wondered if it was effectively seizing un the stub axle thread making the torque wrench click out early. I re torqued a genuine one the other day to take out some play and it was way smoother at 320nm than the contitech jobbies.... Although I am working from memory which is never a good thing.

Just trying to find an explanation...?  :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2012, 18:51:34 »

Been pondering this for a while, and wondered of the issue might be with the nut... do you re use the old nut, or fit the new nut that comes with the bearing? Perhaps?

Because the last one I fitted on the drive I had issues with, the nut thread didn't seem as smooth as the original, and wondered if it was effectively seizing un the stub axle thread making the torque wrench click out early. I re torqued a genuine one the other day to take out some play and it was way smoother at 320nm than the contitech jobbies.... Although I am working from memory which is never a good thing.

Yep, can`t see a problem, it`s not exactly a "stretch" nut
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2012, 19:02:40 »

Yep, can`t see a problem, it`s not exactly a "stretch" nut
Agreed. Hmmm, that might explane it then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.