Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever happened to.........  (Read 13433 times)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
Re: Whatever happened to.........
« Reply #60 on: 28 February 2012, 23:24:12 »

i have a gorgeous wife, and 5 kids....      and  i'm a fat ugly bastard...

i must have done something AWESOME in a previous life  ;D
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

albitz

« Reply #61 on: 28 February 2012, 23:24:40 »

I dont agree that either Lizzie or Banjax were driven out by anyone.I think they were both more than strong enough to stand their ground without feeling intimidated.
Personally,I have always felt that there was more to Lizzies leaving than meets the eye.Being included in the post count cull mayhem may have been the excuse she used to go,but I dont believe for one minute that was the real reason.
Banjax - seemed to make it his lifes work to bait,irritate and behave deliberately inflammitory - particularily in threads where Nickbat or myself were involved.As I remember it,he started to get a bit too personal in his insults to me and I took exception and told him a few home truths.He doesnt own or drive an Omega,he has no interest at all in Omegas, he never posted in any section other than general discussion,so I suggested he might have a think about why he was actually here. A few others agreed with this,and he decided to stop posting shortly after iirc.
If Im brutally honest I think the one thing they shared was a burning ambition to defeat Nickbat intellectually. Neither of them ever managed to do so,and imo they eventually realised they never would,so went elsewhere.
If anyone has enough time on their hands they could read back through all the politics and climate change threads from a couple of years ago and see if they agree. They would need to have a lot of time though,as theres a lot of reading there. ::)
« Last Edit: 28 February 2012, 23:29:48 by Albs »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28 February 2012, 23:36:20 »

I dont agree that either Lizzie or Banjax were driven out by anyone.I think they were both more than strong enough to stand their ground without feeling intimidated.
Personally,I have always felt that there was more to Lizzies leaving than meets the eye.Being included in the post count cull mayhem may have been the excuse she used to go,but I dont believe for one minute that was the real reason.
Banjax - seemed to make it his lifes work to bait,irritate and behave deliberately inflammitory - particularily in threads where Nickbat or myself were involved.As I remember it,he started to get a bit too personal in his insults to me and I took exception and told him a few home truths.He doesnt own or drive an Omega,he has no interest at all in Omegas, he never posted in any section other than general discussion,so I suggested he might have a think about why he was actually here. A few others agreed with this,and he decided to stop posting shortly after iirc.
If Im brutally honest I think the one thing they shared was a burning ambition to defeat Nickbat intellectually. Neither of them ever managed to do so,and imo they eventually realised they never would,so went elsewhere.
If anyone has enough time on their hands they could read back through all the politics and climate change threads from a couple of years ago and see if they agree. They would need to have a lot of time though,as theres a lot of reading there. ::)

I know I get the blame for the Post Count Culling as you call it, but again it was not all me... I do not have any clue about computers as Zok will tell you  ;D and certainly do not have the buttons (more to the pitty :D) but back to Lizzie.. I did PM her before doing her Post Count telling what I was about to do. Being fair to Lizzie she said something along the lines of "Cause its you Daz" and so she new what I was doing beforehand.

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

albitz

« Reply #63 on: 28 February 2012, 23:39:13 »

You didnt rather PM me beforehand. :P ;D
What you said supports the view that she didnt just leave because of that imo. :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28 February 2012, 23:48:17 »

What you said supports the view that she didnt just leave because of that imo. :y

Nope, and you had a Mr. Grumpy head on as you could not PM  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D what was more funny than that though was the fact I know you would have laugh if it had been me, then when you calmed down you found it funny too  ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28 February 2012, 23:57:24 »

Nor me...... :D :D :D

albitz

« Reply #66 on: 29 February 2012, 00:01:29 »

Its discrimintion Vamps.We need to get a lawyer. ;D
I did get grumpy about it as I had just started breaking my first car and my inbox was filling up faster than I could send replies.Then all of a sudden I couldnt reply at all. I didnt know why at first - blind panic ensued. ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29 February 2012, 00:11:21 »

I didn't want you to feel left out Vamps thats all  ;D :P

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 February 2012, 00:36:30 »

I didn't want you to feel left out Vamps thats all  ;D :P

You can smile.....being a bit of a hairdresser do you want to buy a Megane convertible?

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 February 2012, 01:00:11 »

and just to upset stom and optic I am still here.  ::) ::)

Welcome back, Skruntie. Are you going to post a few tits?.......You know you want to...... ;)

was  more than happy to oblidge whilst requests were coming in from yourself and looknee.

I personally dont have a problem with them, but whilst others do I wont be posting anymore
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 February 2012, 07:34:53 »

I meet Laidback a few times, but never knew him that well. Did not have any dealings with him in terms of parts or work. However I do know a bit more about why he left  :-X

Personal issues affected things too....

I miss BoBo, he was always a laugh  :y

Pauls still around, now happily married, we chat on FB every now and again :y
Retired

mantahatch

« Reply #71 on: 29 February 2012, 07:50:29 »

Lizzie was a lady, and we need more women to give a balanced opinion on subjects. Banjax did disagree with Nickbats climat/political posts, had thankfully he did. I agree alot more with Nickbats position than Banjax, but we need to discuss these things openly or all views are one sided. Now it would seem nobody will take up a left leaning approach leaving all us right wing fascists to think we are right. We need both sides all the time to try and find a workable middle ground. I have been accused of being a fascist and a communist. This is great as both have some redeeming features.

As for not driving/owning an Omega, how many times do we see the post "have sold the Omega so will be off" and half the replies say "don't need to own an Omega, just come on for a chat" ? Many times I have seen this. I no longer drive an Omega but I am responsible for maintaining one (the car I gave to my mum). I rarely post in many other sections these days as there appears to be many people who can give better advice quicker than me.

We need disagreement in the right way, we do need all leaning the same way. How boring would life be if we all thought the same way ?

albitz

« Reply #72 on: 29 February 2012, 08:07:12 »

I broadly agree with what youve said,but if someone has no interest whatsoever I think its a bit different.For me the final straw with BJ was when he had run out of ideas and arguments he would resort to personal insults,which near the end got very personal sometimes.I felt it was time to be a bit blunt then. ;)
Tbh,I really believe that the left wing argument just doesnt stand up to scrutiny,so those trying to win a discussion from a left wing point of view are on a hiding to nothing.That might explain why it seems very common for them to talk over the top of others in discussion (see it on TV all the time) or become frustrated and change the direction of conversation/deflect questions by giving answers unconnected to the question,or simply become rude and abusive. ::)

mantahatch

« Reply #73 on: 29 February 2012, 09:08:16 »

I broadly agree with what youve said,but if someone has no interest whatsoever I think its a bit different.For me the final straw with BJ was when he had run out of ideas and arguments he would resort to personal insults,which near the end got very personal sometimes.I felt it was time to be a bit blunt then. ;)
Tbh,I really believe that the left wing argument just doesnt stand up to scrutiny,so those trying to win a discussion from a left wing point of view are on a hiding to nothing.That might explain why it seems very common for them to talk over the top of others in discussion (see it on TV all the time) or become frustrated and change the direction of conversation/deflect questions by giving answers unconnected to the question,or simply become rude and abusive. ::)

Agreed, but for now I will play devils advocate. Do you really believe the right wing has all the answers ? sadly for me the current financial climate is utter proof that right wing capitilism is also a failed system. I preech no answers sadly as I am not qualified in these areas.

As said just playing devils advocate.  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 29 February 2012, 09:38:18 »

Whatever the cause of Lizzie leaving - I too think the post count cull was an excuse because she always joined in the fun when I was the victim ::) - she chose to for her own reasons. LZ had some interesting things to post and a lot of life experience.

Do I miss her? No. Nothing personal but this forum is bigger than any one person ;)
Am I sad that she decided to leave? Yes. It's always sad to lose a member IMHO.
Would I be pleased to see her back again? Yep, probably ;)

Banjax. That's a whole different story. I found him increasingly rude and inflammatory in his postings and feel that he deliberately went out of his way to cause argument and upset for no real reason ::) But the answer to the questions remains the same ;)

Neither person was, IMO, "driven out" and both were more than capable of standing up for themselves ;) I hope they are both well and happy in wherever they are now posting :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.