Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Miggy Estate Replacement?  (Read 2625 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Miggy Estate Replacement?
« on: 29 February 2012, 21:05:30 »

The new Jag XF Sportsbrake Estate looks like a real load carrier and a miggy replacement either new for those with deep pockets as £32k or in 5 years plus+, secondhand when a reasonable price.  :y :y :y :y

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/new-jaguar-xf-sportbrake-estate
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

cem_devecioglu

Re: Miggy Estate Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: 29 February 2012, 21:24:35 »

very good design..  :y

but, I need to wait another 10-12 years for its price to be logical here.. :-\ 

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 29 February 2012, 21:39:26 »

Oh yes, sounds good to me! Now .. to keep the Omega running long enough that they're affordable.. ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2012, 21:53:41 »

Oh yes, sounds good to me! Now .. to keep the Omega running long enough that they're affordable.. ;D

honestly, under current economic conditions my next car will be a boring 4 pot jap car when/if I sell those   :-\

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2012, 21:56:34 »

honestly, under current economic conditions my next car will be a boring 4 pot jap car when/if I sell those   :-\

:o :-X

Impressive  :y

« Last Edit: 29 February 2012, 22:00:01 by eatmydust »

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2012, 22:08:13 »

mmmmm a jag that I can fit gromit in   ;)

Now where is that winning lotto ticket  ;D

Hang on, i'm skint.    Anybody lend me a quid ?   ;D ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 February 2012, 23:16:06 »

I've just come from one of those; a 1.8 GDI Galant estate was not worth the occassionally better fuel economy! It was OK with me in it, at nearly 40mpg, but with a couple of people and/or luggage, performance was non existent and the economy the same as the Omega. I'm just back from 1600 miles in France at 27MPG average, barely dropping below 90MPH on the motorway. Plus, Mitsubishi parts prices are horrific. Try £50 for 2 spark plugs, £150 each front suspension arm(and they are known for making a couple of creaking noise and then breaking!) etc.

A big car with a small engine is not an economical proposition when loaded, whereas an appropriate engine doesn't really notice it. My 3.0l V6 returns the same economy whether loaded or not; the 525 I had before the Galant was the same.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 29 February 2012, 23:50:20 »

I've just come from one of those; a 1.8 GDI Galant estate was not worth the occassionally better fuel economy! It was OK with me in it, at nearly 40mpg, but with a couple of people and/or luggage, performance was non existent and the economy the same as the Omega. I'm just back from 1600 miles in France at 27MPG average, barely dropping below 90MPH on the motorway. Plus, Mitsubishi parts prices are horrific. Try £50 for 2 spark plugs, £150 each front suspension arm(and they are known for making a couple of creaking noise and then breaking!) etc.

A big car with a small engine is not an economical proposition when loaded, whereas an appropriate engine doesn't really notice it. My 3.0l V6 returns the same economy whether loaded or not; the 525 I had before the Galant was the same.

broadly agreed.. but newish honda and mazda models rarely require expensive parts other than normal wear and tear items..

my friend has an old mazda 323, never changed any sensor or similiar only new tires, oil,filter  and sparks..  ;D

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2012, 00:00:16 »

:D :D i wonder if they do it on mobility :P ::)
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2012, 00:42:17 »

Must be special spark plugs to use on a diesel.... ::) ::) ::)
We had the Mitsubishi Galant V6 Auto, one of the best cars we have ever had, 90k service was about £600 iirc, but how often does that come around in your ownership?....... :D :D

feeutfo

« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2012, 01:08:21 »

Some very nice Estates coming out lately. But that looks like it might be big enough with proper load space.

Front looks a bit like its trying very hard not to look like a BMW. designer stepped back and said "whoops, that looks like a Beemer" change a few lines "there, that's better"

Backs really nice though. :y

Cliffo B

• Omega Baron
  • Leeds West Yorkshire
    • 03 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2012, 01:08:54 »

What a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!

Really like the organised tow bar touch :y :y

feeutfo

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2012, 08:29:21 »

Must be special spark plugs to use on a diesel.... ::) ::) ::)We had the Mitsubishi Galant V6 Auto, one of the best cars we have ever had, 90k service was about £600 iirc, but how often does that come around in your ownership?....... :D :D

Special plugs, yes. NGK irridiums with no other applications. That was £50 for 4 by the way.

Diesel, no. Mitsubishi GDI is Gasoline Direct Injection. Diesels are DDI.

The whole car suffered from a case of being clever for it's own sake; complicated suspension that offered nothing better than simple struts; inadequate development of the GDI engine with some seriously expensive to rectify characteristics etc.

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2012, 13:28:29 »

None of the recent estates match the Omega for height or width of the tailgate opening, I think it must be a change to the rear impact tests as they all seem to be using similar shapes and structures.
I had to move my daughters furniture recently, it all fitted in the Omega in one trip in October but needed two trips in the Jag estate this time due to width / height limitations.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.