Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just What In a Recession UK and Europe needs  (Read 1256 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Just What In a Recession UK and Europe needs
« on: 03 March 2012, 00:08:17 »

If you are ill on holiday from October it will no longer count as part of your annual holiday. It is estimated it will cost UK industry at least £100m in costs.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sounds like most UK workers have now doubled their annual leave to 8 weeks, with the appropriate sick notes of course.  ::) ::) ::)

Only another 42.5 weeks to lose and we will all only have to work as often as those on the dole. :o :o :o

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9119957/Workers-taken-ill-on-holiday-will-be-given-extra-time-off.html

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

albitz

Re: Just What In a Recession UK and Europe needs
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2012, 00:09:38 »

How to give industry a chance to be profitable and conmpetitive eh ?!! FFS. >:(

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2012, 00:10:15 »

If you are ill on holiday from October it will no longer count as part of your annual holiday. It is estimated it will cost UK industry at least £100m in costs.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sounds like most UK workers have now doubled their annual leave to 8 weeks, with the appropriate sick notes of course.  ::) ::) ::)

Only another 42.5 weeks to lose and we will all only have to work as often as those on the dole. :o :o :o

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9119957/Workers-taken-ill-on-holiday-will-be-given-extra-time-off.html

im sure i could lose at least 40 weeks ;D

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2012, 00:37:30 »

They'll just raise taxes, it'll be fine in their 'perfect' little world.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2012, 00:37:58 »

im sure i could lose at least 40 weeks ;D

i thought you were only part time as it is bigballs

mantahatch

« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2012, 09:06:55 »

Where I work this has been part of our contract since before I started work there (1999) I have never had the need to use it, even though I have been injured twice whilst on leave.
Sadly I do not think it is the way to go, and if people abuse it they will find themselves out of work. I have seen it happen. But it only appears to happen to lower paid staff. Those earning upto circa 30k will be most at risk, well they are where I work. Those above 35K seem to be truly immune from anything.  :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2012, 09:12:57 »

Nail on head.  :y

Nobody in politics in the UK has had to come up through the ranks as businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc. They are career politicians, so have no understanding, nor interest, in how their policies affect those at the coal face.

.. and, I think, now Huhne has gone, Cable gets my vote for the most effective Oxygen waster in government. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

OOMV6

« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2012, 09:25:25 »

Certainly a plan that could be open to a lot of abuse.

Furthermore, it is fair to say that there a people who often get ill whilst on leave. For some, whilst always "on the go", the body keeps going. The classic situation of staying "on the go" for months and months and when you finally decide to give the body a rest it says "ah, got time to be ill now". Around here, holiday is holiday. End of.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2012, 09:30:20 »

Surely if you happen to be on holiday when you get ill, it's just the die you were tossed. Hard luck, stop wingeing and get on with your life...

Why should your employer compensate you twice over? :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2012, 15:16:56 »

Nail on head.  :y

Nobody in politics in the UK has had to come up through the ranks as businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc. They are career politicians, so have no understanding, nor interest, in how their policies affect those at the coal face.

.. and, I think, now Huhne has gone, Cable gets my vote for the most effective Oxygen waster in government. >:(

Years ago, when Margret Thatcher's chancellor had produced a radical budget, removing capital controls and reducing the top rate of tax to 40%, Margret Thatcher said "Britain is now open for business". So people like me running our businesses got on with doing just that, about 95% of our £1-2m turnover was generated by selling abroad.

Under Labour, the enterprise door was shut through taxes, red tape and their (and now most of the people in this countries) attitude to business people and profits. The last time I remember such hostility to enterprise, businesses and profits was in the late 60's and early 70's under Heath and various Labour Government's.

Cable's speech as Business Secretary was an absolute disgrace when he basically called entrepreneurs, business people and bankers, spivs and gadflies. This is another major reason, why I realize, I have to get out of this country as the door is not only firmly closed, but bolted and alarmed by Cable to keep out anything remotely like free enterprise. Industries only function under the last and this Government's policies is provide an outlet for their hairbrained social engineering policies and of course for them to pay taxes for the Government to waste spend. >:( >:( >:( >:(

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.