Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie, with many questions ( remap,differential, suspension, brakes, tires etc)  (Read 1659 times)

efren-lotus

• SPAIN
    • Lotus elise & Opel Omega
    • View Profile

Hi all

In very little time at home I will have my first omega is an omega b 2.2 dti

I have a lotus elise s1, so I'm thinking about you a few updates to get the car a day, what goes on in Spain nobody knows this car.

-First question, the first thing I will do is do a remap to leave in +-150hp Do you have a picture of the power curve of 2.2 dti to remap? Is it reliable with this remap?

-Second question, the series comes with 225/55/16 ", worth spending the money on a mount 235/45/17" tires + 17" wheels or not compensated? And if so ... what measures ET / OFFSET are suitable for this car? what wheels would be compatible in the used market?

-Third question, suspensions of the series felt a bit soft, there is a suspension that works better than standard, but that also is comfortable? (And lower the height of step)

-Fourth question, I think the 2.2 dti come without limited slip differential, limited slip differential which type you could install this transmission? something in the secondary market or aftermarket at a good price?

-Fifth question, I like to brake always go left, there is some heavier car than the brakes can be adapted without problems or have to go to an aftermarket kit

This is what most interest to this day, I hope you can understand more or less all my questions, my English is horrible.

Thanks in advance  ;)
« Last Edit: 04 March 2012, 16:23:10 by efren-lotus »

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services

Welcome to OOF mate  :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile

efren-lotus

• SPAIN
    • View Profile

Thanks for the welcome  :)

have if I can answer questions, I will not make the car too radical, I just want to make it more fun on back roads.

I'd probably stay with this unit: http://www.autoscout24.es/Details.aspx?id=209227588

If omega was elected that has a chassis that is very noble and back, I think is the ideal complement to the english toy:

::)

Dr_X

Hi this is taken from my Irmscher catalogue and I used it to put bigger boots on my wife's car

Softstar design Silver. 7 x 15 ET 33
Softstar design Silver. 7 x 16 ET 39
Softstar design Silver. 71/2 x 17 ET 33
Twin Spoke design Silver. 7 x 15 ET 33
Twin Spoke design Silver. 7 x 16 ET 39
Twin Spoke design Silver. 71/2 x 17 ET 33
Spectra Line design Silver. 7 x 16 ET 39
Spectra Sports Line design Silver. 71/2 x 17 ET 39
Sport Star design Silver. 8 x 18 ET 30
Sport Star design3) Silver. 8 x 18 ET 30. 5-stud (front axle)
Silver. 9 x 18 ET 30. 5-stud (rear axle)

This is a good website for putting bigger wheels on your car...http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

Hope this helps

Dr_X

efren-lotus

• SPAIN
    • View Profile

dr x, I will try to explain better...

I am asking is whether compensates 235x45 17 "in relation to the 225/55/16" OEM

In the case of the 17 " worth it, wonder if there are any wheel with the same measures that can be put in another model (in the used market) before putting a new, so I wonder what the ET...

Regarding the suspension, then I seemingly 3 models, bilstein, kw and Weitec, what is the 3 suspensions is the sportiest being, at once, the more comfortable? that's the key.

efren-lotus

• SPAIN
    • View Profile

UP

I've been asking about the form and say the bilstein b4 is the ideal replacement to maintain comfort and have a more sporting reactions.

My question is this cushion, b4, can be used with shorter springs like Eibach ? or they limit their travel and we stop with the shock ?

This is my question about the shocks, compared to everything else I'm just as lost, if any guru have put the doubts solution
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.