Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: These are Great value & christ dont they work well!!!  (Read 6220 times)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: These are Great value & christ dont they work well!!!
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2012, 13:16:05 »

Something i noticed yesterday while replacing the front pads and discs. the pads i took out were genuine and had a direcion  otravel
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

feeutfo

« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2012, 13:31:36 »

If they had riveted on shims on all four pads they are most likely oe.

There appear to be various types of tc pads. Differant suppliers of the same spec maybe?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 March 2012, 15:21:31 »

In the 8 years I've had my MV6, I've probably had about 4 sets of genuine GM, and 3 sets of pattern.

GM's always changed due to wear and the inside face corrosion problem, but good for a couple of years. None of the pattern ones lasted more than 2 months without warping.

I would class myself as reasonably heavy on brakes... ...pads last about 5k

Think we can put that down as the "understatement of the decade"  ;) . Wow, 5K.

He is the man with a digital throttle pedal, its either on or its off  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 March 2012, 10:22:47 »

There appear to be various types of tc pads. Differant suppliers of the same spec maybe?
May be coincidence, but I reckon those TC pads bought with discs are different (visually) to those bought on their own. They seem to perform about the same though, IME.  I should be able to tell soon, as the Silver Bullet is over halfway through its pads, so will soon need renewing - although I haven't been hard on them this time, due to being a cripple
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 March 2012, 10:28:17 »

May be coincidence, but I reckon those TC pads bought with discs are different (visually) to those bought on their own. They seem to perform about the same though, IME.  I should be able to tell soon, as the Silver Bullet is over halfway through its pads, so will soon need renewing - although I haven't been hard on them this time, due to being a cripple

Man up wet pants! ;D ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 March 2012, 10:12:52 »

Report so far,,, 750 miles no probs as yet just so you all know im running the £34.99 groved & drilled discs with Ferodo Premier pads £19.00 Trade, so all in £50, & rear setup discs inc pads & shoes cost another £50 so did the whole lot for £100..

Ferodo also do a new pad above these (fast road/track) but couldnt get them at short notice, but on a friends cateram 7 around mallory park we hammered the hell out it all day on the newer pads no brake fade & kept wheels quite clean too...

i tryed a set of the EBC Redz but christ didnt they take ages to bed in tho... 1000miles+ & warped a set of discs in the process but that was on my old redtop astra gte tho & to be fair i did drive it flat out everywhere! 1500miles to a set of tyres!! sumtimes 1000 if i was lucky so you can tell how hard i drove it,

sometimes drive omega similar but last week i did only 160 miles to a full tank.... £92 gone oops

Anyway i keep you all posted on how they do atleast the brake ped feels stronger not spongy like old set nice to be able to stop for a change!!

smithpa7

« Reply #36 on: 27 March 2012, 13:15:24 »

Report so far,,, 750 miles no probs as yet just so you all know im running the £34.99 groved & drilled discs with Ferodo Premier pads £19.00 Trade, so all in £50, & rear setup discs inc pads & shoes cost another £50 so did the whole lot for £100..

Ferodo also do a new pad above these (fast road/track) but couldnt get them at short notice, but on a friends cateram 7 around mallory park we hammered the hell out it all day on the newer pads no brake fade & kept wheels quite clean too...

i tryed a set of the EBC Redz but christ didnt they take ages to bed in tho... 1000miles+ & warped a set of discs in the process but that was on my old redtop astra gte tho & to be fair i did drive it flat out everywhere! 1500miles to a set of tyres!! sumtimes 1000 if i was lucky so you can tell how hard i drove it,

sometimes drive omega similar but last week i did only 160 miles to a full tank.... £92 gone oops
Anyway i keep you all posted on how they do atleast the brake ped feels stronger not spongy like old set nice to be able to stop for a change!!

Zippy, sadly I have just done the maths for your MPG. If you wish to keep your sanity I would advise you don't. :D :D

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 March 2012, 14:53:43 »

Zippy, sadly I have just done the maths for your MPG. If you wish to keep your sanity I would advise you don't. :D :D

Good job i calnt rem how to calculate it... well the car display said average 13mpg but guessing thats prob wrong...   ???

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #38 on: 27 March 2012, 16:29:34 »

So far so good 750mils

Wait till you've done 5K  :)  Thats when my cheapos started to judder like ***k

Fitted Vx ones (on TC - parts guy asked if I'd fitted pattern & confirmed my findings that they don't last more than a few k) and no probs.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

smithpa7

« Reply #39 on: 27 March 2012, 17:14:17 »

Good job i calnt rem how to calculate it... well the car display said average 13mpg but guessing thats prob wrong...   ???

Petrol at £92 divided by say £1.40 per litre = 65.7 litres
Divide 65.7 by 4.55 to show how many gallons consumed = 14.44 gallons
Divide 160 miles by 14.44 gallons = 11.08 mpg :o :o

You must have had great fun, well done ;D ;D

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28 March 2012, 22:12:17 »

Well kinda yes,
went racing the country roads around wales lots of ups & downs 90 bends & hairpin roads used the whole tank in a day had 9miles on range!!
Next day needed 2 partworn tyres on front as when i left had 4mm on return bald on outside edge on n/s oops   :o & thats running a 245 40 17 rears seem to have little wear to be honest but due to tools in boot didnt want to drift her too much as not to wind the diff up or snap a shaft so just fast road fun, but when i fueled up was £1.38 & fill up on return at a different garage was £1.43!! 5p a ltr differance & garages only 2miles apart!!! but normal station closed! £96 to refill  :'(

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 March 2012, 12:17:33 »

Christ,my v8 disco will nudge 20mpg if I'm careful ish.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.