Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lpg 2.6  (Read 1462 times)

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
lpg 2.6
« on: 21 March 2012, 10:40:06 »

Hi,
can anyone tell me if it is worth gassing the mig had a couple of quotes and not impressed seems expensive and they want the car for 4 days is it hard to do yourself and where would i buy the kit from any hel or info much appreciated
 :y

bigboykarl

• barnsley/london.
    • View Profile
Re: lpg 2.6
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2012, 12:28:49 »

Depends how many miles you do...for instance..i had a mv6 2.6 on lpg and from empty i used to do my weekly commute and run about in my off days and used to spend £66 on lpg and maybe £5 on petrol..per week..i now haave a 3.2 mv6 estate and i'm putting in £120 to cover the same distance...so i spend £50 week/£2600 a year more

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2012, 12:36:43 »

In broad terms, if you do mainly longer running (i.e. more than 5/6 miles each way) then the savings seem to come in at around 9p per mile.

A DIY conversion (look at the guides in the maintenance section for how much is involved) should easily come in under £1k including inspection and registration :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

bigboykarl

• barnsley/london.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2012, 13:03:05 »

your figures of 9p is about right, Paul..as i do aprox 450-500..usually per week...and saved about £50

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2012, 13:20:27 »

your figures of 9p is about right, Paul..as i do aprox 450-500..usually per week...and saved about £50
That's good to know :y

I know Entwood has a comprehensive spreadsheet which comes out to a little over 9p and TheBoy also keeps track ;)

I've never really bothered keeping track other than knowing how many miles I needed to do to get "pay back" on my investment ::) My saloon did 55k on LPG, the current car has (fortunately) just about paid for itself so when it comes back into regular use it will start real savings :y

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2012, 14:09:18 »

thanks for the replies guys will look at a diy one any specific make/model sounds good to come in at under 1k happy days :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2012, 14:13:49 »

thanks for the replies guys will look at a diy one any specific make/model sounds good to come in at under 1k happy days :y
Look through the guides. It's major work but if you are comfortable with spanners and electrics it's not too hard. I normally say that if you can change a V6 cambelt correctly you have the ability to fit LPG ;)

Stag kits are what I recommend because there is lots of support on here for them. I have a supplier that I negotiated a deal with. I'll did out his details and PM you later in the week/weekend (bit busy at the moment :-[) but must emphasise that his kits are comprehensive whereas some others that are a little cheaper might not be ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2012, 14:46:13 »

When the 2.2 was gassed, it payed for itself very quickly. I was saving £10 per day  :o

Mileage does not currently warrant me LPG'ing the 3.2, but have to see how things go  :)

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2012, 15:03:35 »

Look through the guides. It's major work but if you are comfortable with spanners and electrics it's not too hard. I normally say that if you can change a V6 cambelt correctly you have the ability to fit LPG ;)

Stag kits are what I recommend because there is lots of support on here for them. I have a supplier that I negotiated a deal with. I'll did out his details and PM you later in the week/weekend (bit busy at the moment :-[) but must emphasise that his kits are comprehensive whereas some others that are a little cheaper might not be ;)
Thanks LD much appreciated no problem with the spanners done it most of my life  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.