Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strikes  (Read 5774 times)

Nickbat

Strikes
« on: 26 March 2012, 19:08:36 »

This Wednesday many schools in London will be shut due to NUT action. Unite tanker drivers have also voted to strike on dates to be announced (could be Easter?).

My own view is that neither strike is beneficial to anyone, will not succeed, and will only serve to harden positions - whilst inconveniencing the general public.  >:(

omega3000

Re: Strikes
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2012, 19:19:29 »

Panic stations !!!!!! Everyone will be panic buying thats for sure  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2012, 19:25:17 »

This Wednesday many schools in London will be shut due to NUT action. Unite tanker drivers have also voted to strike on dates to be announced (could be Easter?).

My own view is that neither strike is beneficial to anyone, will not succeed, and will only serve to harden positions - whilst inconveniencing the general public.  >:(

Withdrawl of labour (which is the prerogative of every working person) sounds less emotive.There may be good reason why the workforce feel the need to take such action. 

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2012, 19:30:59 »

i beleve the tanker drivers dispute is over saftey issues lets face it who likes the idea of a tanker full of fule right up your back end with a tired driver????

not me
what was that ??????

Nickbat

« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2012, 19:33:07 »

Withdrawl of labour (which is the prerogative of every working person) sounds less emotive.There may be good reason why the workforce feel the need to take such action.

Perhaps you should tell that to the NUT, Opti. The word "strike" is used 5 times on their home page!  :P;)

http://www.teachers.org.uk/

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2012, 19:39:47 »

is this a local srike (teachers that is) heard not thing about it.. :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Nickbat

« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2012, 19:44:30 »

is this a local srike (teachers that is) heard not thing about it.. :y
Yes. London Boroughs only.

e.g. Here.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Nickbat

« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2012, 19:48:51 »

i beleve the tanker drivers dispute is over saftey issues lets face it who likes the idea of a tanker full of fule right up your back end with a tired driver????

not me

The old elf & safety chestnut is again being used as a tool to put fear/sympathy into the public mind. ::) ::)

Chris Kingshott, managing director of Wincanton (a distribution company) said they had "voluntarily joined a new Unite forum last December, set up to help establish industry-wide standards on safety and training." "The meetings were "hijacked" by militant union bosses keen to attack pay and other terms at the company, he said.

The Somerset-based business, which employs 16,000 staff, pays its 450 drivers £45,000 a year before overtime, putting their wage rate in the top 25pc of haulage companies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/9166214/Oil-tanker-boss-holds-firm-amid-risk-of-strike-by-drivers.html

It's politically motivated, IMHO. Nowt to do with anything else.  :(

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2012, 19:49:54 »

ah i see (i am  in kent which is a black hole sometimes lol)....thing is the teachers what have they got to strike over ffs circa 14 weeks holiday and staff development days and the pay once  past the initial training is pretty good :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 26 March 2012, 21:05:23 »

Sack the lot of them.Teachers - pay, conditions etc. - dont know they are born.
Tanker drivers - dead mans shoes jobs.waiting list for years to get on them. £45,000 p.a. and they are never happy.Theres millions of people out of work, including many thousands of HGV drivers - sack the tinkers.
And lock up the union leaders for subversion of democracy - life sentences please.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2012, 21:21:33 »

Tanker drivers - dead mans shoes jobs.waiting list for years to get on them. £45,000 p.a. and they are never happy.Theres millions of people out of work, including many thousands of HGV drivers - sack the tinkers.
And lock up the union leaders for subversion of democracy - life sentences please.

Nothing radical then Albs ......  ::) ::) ::) ::)

albitz

« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2012, 21:23:18 »

No,that would involve the army and live rounds. ;) ;D

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2012, 21:26:08 »

Lmao ;D ;D :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2012, 21:29:20 »

£45k :o :o :o  I have an HGV, point me in the right direction......

Seriously though I filled up today as I do every Monday, the most I may squeeze may be 10 days or so, if the garages run dry I will not be able to get into work so will have to take either holiday or unpaid leave................and if they do this over Easter then the General Public really are going to be behind them...... >:( >:( >:(

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 March 2012, 21:34:05 »

Got an HGV licence and an adr but still cant get in it really is dead mens shoes or you know someone that can get you in also age is a factor as well even if they say its not ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.