Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Crash Helmet do you use?  (Read 3154 times)

bigboykarl

• barnsley/london.
    • View Profile
Re: What Crash Helmet do you use?
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2012, 11:25:38 »

used to have a shoei when i was despatching years ago....bought a caberg justissimo gt xxl and have used it once ..don't ride no more

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2012, 12:48:38 »

Griffin Clubman. Time for a change perhaps. ::) ::) ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2012, 13:54:12 »

Shoei here too, tried others with the built in sun visor thing that retracts, but were not very nice to wear.

No idea on noise compared to others, I really should try some to see if they are any better.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 March 2012, 13:54:38 »

Does anybody here still wear the old "pisspot" open face? I always cringe when I see them. I just imagine ya chin grinding away along the tarmac as you surf face down along the road  :(
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 March 2012, 13:56:25 »

When I got back into biking after a 20 year break, I dug my old Lazer full face out of the attic as an interim till I got a new lid.  On my first run out on my new bike however the lining started to disintegrate at about 70mph, and I had bits of foam flying around inside!!  :o

I decided to test the strength of my 20 year old helmet and put the sledgehammer into it!! and it took alot of punishment until it finally cracked and broke!  :)

My current helmet is a HJC, light, comfortable and good value.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 March 2012, 14:25:48 »

Does anybody here still wear the old "pisspot" open face? I always cringe when I see them. I just imagine ya chin grinding away along the tarmac as you surf face down along the road  :(

Harley owners.... ;)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2012, 14:47:05 »

Caberg for me, had it for 4 years now and it's OK  :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 March 2012, 15:02:14 »

Harley owners.... ;)

They must come with an anti-nod sticker, never had a Harley owner give me the nod when I'm about. Its not a BMW thing either as they never done it when i was on the Yam, miserable gits!

mantahatch

« Reply #23 on: 28 March 2012, 15:42:58 »

Harley owners.... ;)

They must come with an anti-nod sticker, never had a Harley owner give me the nod when I'm about. Its not a BMW thing either as they never done it when i was on the Yam, miserable gits!

Try riding a trail bike and you will call all other bikers except 16 year olds miserable gits. Because most weekend warriors don't even know what a trail bike is, and yet they tell me they been riding for decades the sad gits.

albitz

« Reply #24 on: 28 March 2012, 17:26:10 »

Harley owners.... ;)

I get the same response from BMW owners most of the time tbh.I will nod at anyone on two wheels apart from those riding vespa/lambretta hairdryers. They just dont count. ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2012, 17:33:22 »

Harley owners.... ;)

I get the same response from BMW owners most of the time tbh.I will nod at anyone on two wheels apart from those riding vespa/lambretta hairdryers. They just dont count. ;D

Same!

Maybe some don't nod back because I'm the one on a BMW  ;D

taytuz

• Saltney, Chester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 March 2012, 17:34:57 »

Still wear a open face helmet when i'm riding in classic trials, couldn't have ciggie in the middle of the stage otherwise ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2012, 22:31:02 »

Never wear one - would feel a bit of a pratt wearing one in the car  ???
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 March 2012, 22:55:04 »

AVG, before that Griffin Clubman which had to be replaced as lining was falling apart.  ::) ::) ::)

AVG has lost one of the top air vents, but besides that good helmet. I now always wear ear plugs, as AVG much noisier than the Clubman. Without the earplugs than after about 35 miles ear ring, which is bad news.  :( :( :(

I know somebody who went deaf in their 40's from working in a noisy factory environment and the amount of problems it causes him, it is best avoided.  :o :o :o

Riding a sports bike as I've got older I'm finding wrists ache after about 50 miles.  :-[ :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

feeutfo

« Reply #29 on: 29 March 2012, 00:34:46 »

Harley owners.... ;)

Same!

Maybe some don't nod back because I'm the one on a BMW  ;D
Ffs... GAY!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.