Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air intake temp sensor.  (Read 554 times)

Tetleysmooth

• Rainham, Essex
    • Omega 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
Air intake temp sensor.
« on: 02 April 2012, 17:43:51 »

I have a 1999 T reg 2.0 CD Ecotec.
Today, I started pulling the breather system apart. After I removed the main air trunking, I noticed a small plug hanging down with its terminals bridged. I checked underneath the air trunking and sure enough I found the place it's supposed to be plugged into. Apparently, it's the air intake temperature sensor. So, my question is, what difference does it make to have this unplugged? Are the terminals on the plug bridged to stop it throwing up an engine management light? The car starts perfectly and idles ok, although obviously not at the moment.
Just to clarify, the sensor is actually in the air trunking and has to be prised out. Just wondering what difference it would make if I plugged it in.
NILS DESPERANDUM ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Air intake temp sensor.
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2012, 17:54:02 »

Hmmm. I would of thought bridging the wires would still cause the light to come on. It does sound though like the Sensor is faulty and somebody has bodged it. If it was me I would connect it and see what happens. I'd expect it throw the MIL light up or start running funny. Having the wires bridged will be telling the ECU it's either very hot or very cold air temp in the inlet. Have you unpicked the bridge? You may find there's a resistor in line so fooling the ECU into seeing a within spec figure. Bloody cheap skates that sensor isn't a lot of money from the main stealers  >:(
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

Tetleysmooth

• Rainham, Essex
    • Omega 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Air intake temp sensor.
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2012, 18:36:43 »

All I've noticed is just a piece of bridging wire, bent in a u shape.
NILS DESPERANDUM ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.