Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hip Bursitis  (Read 4269 times)

omega3000

Hip Bursitis
« on: 06 May 2012, 22:34:34 »

Anyone had bursits of the hip , ive had it now for 5 months  ::) Been to the docs and had all the pills to no avail and had the quaterzone injection in the bone which wasnt pleasant ... i cant walk for long as the pain is bad but i have to go for an MRI scan next week to hopefully diagnose the problem if it is bursitis . Swmbo says its arthritus either way its painfull  :(

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Hip Bursitis
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2012, 23:02:29 »

Wife thought she had that. Went to the doctor and found out her hip is knackered. She's not 34 yet mind you that's what you get for breaking ya hip at 14 I guess
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2012, 23:10:53 »

Wife thought she had that. Went to the doctor and found out her hip is knackered. She's not 34 yet mind you that's what you get for breaking ya hip at 14 I guess
Sorry to hear that , i had a normal xray and they said i have a narrowing of the hip joint  :( MRI will hopefully
shed further light on it . Maybe falling off a few motorcycles in my time has not helped , is it right that hip replacements are only done at a certain age now ie 60+

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2012, 23:15:50 »

No they will do them younger but they don't like to as they only last so many years meaning more ops

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2012, 23:49:51 »

No they will NOT do them younger as I need one NOW ( and i am 39) and have been told by two doctors the youngest you can have any type of joint replacement is 60 no ifs no buts...different if you want too pay for it though although you have too find £ 25,000 first
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2012, 23:54:37 »

Sorry to hear that , i had a normal xray and they said i have a narrowing of the hip joint  :( MRI will hopefully
shed further light on it . Maybe falling off a few motorcycles in my time has not helped , is it right that hip replacements are only done at a certain age now ie 60+
no my wife had it done 4 years ago she was 50 then so its not to bad she said :y :y

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2012, 00:21:24 »

Well in Wales and Scotland totally different rules...NICE in England have the last say...at end of the day all todo with money :y

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2012, 04:13:19 »

Wife was told she could have the op if she wanted or sit it out until it became to painful to walk on. SWMBO is gonna try and hold it off as long as pos. I think your getting hard done by fella.

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2012, 15:49:23 »

60  well i have another 13 yrs to wait then  :( cold weather seems to affect me more . Had to give in and order a walking aid , really didnt want to go this route but anything to ease the pain when walking  ::)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2012, 18:40:55 »

As I understand how its been explained to me by a doctor/surgeon person, the construction of the skeleton and how it gets chooped around in a hip replacement does not resdily lend itself to subsequent further replacements as it gets seriously chopped/sawn about to fit the replacement parts.

These manufactured parts have a limited life cycle and later replacement causes further probs that result in exceptionally difficult proceedures, hence the gate post figure of 60 years of age with the thinking that once done it will not need redoing as the recipient will most likely have popped this mortal coil by that time.....

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2012, 18:48:04 »

As I understand how its been explained to me by a doctor/surgeon person, the construction of the skeleton and how it gets chooped around in a hip replacement does not resdily lend itself to subsequent further replacements as it gets seriously chopped/sawn about to fit the replacement parts.

These manufactured parts have a limited life cycle and later replacement causes further probs that result in exceptionally difficult proceedures, hence the gate post figure of 60 years of age with the thinking that once done it will not need redoing as the recipient will most likely have popped this mortal coil by that time.....

Oh dear , i know someone who had hip replacement at 55 then he needed a further one a few yrs on ...lets just say he dont walk to clever at the moment  :(

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2012, 19:35:35 »

60  well i have another 13 yrs to wait then  :( cold weather seems to affect me more . Had to give in and order a walking aid , really didnt want to go this route but anything to ease the pain when walking  ::)

i was dead set against a stick and i only use when i am expecting to walk some distance....and i have to say it does help...i it hate it when the doctors are right

but as for hip/joint replacement it is all to do with cost at moment....they have a life span of 10-15 years thats why 60 seems to be a yard stick BUT as it is driven by cost you might find different health authorities have different rules..then saying  that my nan at 84 has just (3 days ago ) had a knee replacement and tbh with all the stories in the news with regard to replacement joints i don't think i want one at the moments

STMO123

« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2012, 20:57:52 »

I had bursitis on my elbow, swelled up to twice it's normal size.

Can you get it in your cock? ???

omega3000

« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2012, 21:12:19 »

I had bursitis on my elbow, swelled up to twice it's normal size.

Can you get it in your cock? ???
;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2012, 21:20:33 »

i was dead set against a stick and i only use when i am expecting to walk some distance....and i have to say it does help...i it hate it when the doctors are right

but as for hip/joint replacement it is all to do with cost at moment....they have a life span of 10-15 years thats why 60 seems to be a yard stick BUT as it is driven by cost you might find different health authorities have different rules..then saying  that my nan at 84 has just (3 days ago ) had a knee replacement and tbh with all the stories in the news with regard to replacement joints i don't think i want one at the moments

Ive been struggling to walk for distances but have been putting off any sort of aid like a stick , i think its the stigma about one like ill look like an old foegie  ::) but ive ordered one crutch which will help while im out and about .. dont fancy one of those elec solo cars just yet well not unless its got leather seats and cruise control  :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.