Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: wheeler dealers tv  (Read 3348 times)

marrus69

• bracknell
    • 52 mv6 3.2
    • View Profile
wheeler dealers tv
« on: 07 May 2012, 06:48:49 »

who sore the jag one the one thay where giving away,thay did this to it,sounds good to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCuki_-vXQ

ted_one

Re: wheeler dealers tv
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2012, 08:20:05 »

Yep a really nice car and I'm sure that it's a genuine competion,but the general feel I get from the other series is that when the project is finished and the prospective buyers are looking over the car and then negotiating the deal it seems a bit phoney(almost like it's one of the production team acting as a buyer)or is just me being overly suspicious or is it that I've sat and watched the endless re-runs and I'm paying to much attention to the background detail,that aside it's still a very watchable series and it'll be nice when they get around to working on an Omega ::)I'm sure Ed China would apreciate working on a proper car for a change ::) :y

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2012, 08:44:38 »

Yep a really nice car and I'm sure that it's a genuine competion,but the general feel I get from the other series is that when the project is finished and the prospective buyers are looking over the car and then negotiating the deal it seems a bit phoney(almost like it's one of the production team acting as a buyer)or is just me being overly suspicious or is it that I've sat and watched the endless re-runs and I'm paying to much attention to the background detail,that aside it's still a very watchable series and it'll be nice when they get around to working on an Omega ::)I'm sure Ed China would apreciate working on a proper car for a change ::) :y

It's most certainly all staged, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before that the 'buyers' are told what to say.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2012, 09:28:31 »

I'm sure the text is staged but as for selling the cars that's true. A Karmin Ghia they did was on Ebay as a  classified ad for a while. Of course on the telly it looks like they sell them straight on but the Karmin was hanging around for a while. A pug 205 they did has come up for sale a few times since the show. I've only seen them get their hands burnt twice on the telly but if you had to pay labour then I doubt you'd make money on any of them.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2012, 09:36:13 »

I saw the jag episode and it is being offered as a competition prize. However, with the mods they have done, I doubt any ins company would touch it.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2012, 10:27:19 »

Ed China had a hand in an ABS member aquiring a very rare Monza rally car sometime ago. I like the show as it shows what you can do if you are mechanicly minded. Keith B

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2012, 12:04:45 »

Mr Brewer makes the art of finding and buying desirable vehicles (for attractive money in many cases) seem to be quite straight forward.

Mr China makes their repair and restoration appear to be easy and relatively uncomplicated.

Shome mishtake surely. ???

However, although heavily staged, I do enjoy the show. :y

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2012, 12:34:53 »

I have suspected for a long time that the "buyers" are friends/family/whatever. I used to really enjoy the early series of WD,in fact it was that which reignited my interest in cars and things mechanical.
The more recent series have lost their appeal for me though.Buy a car for £5k,spend another £4k on bits (many of which are unnecessary) Ed bolts the new shiny bits onto the car,Mike sells car for £10k. terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired.
They have never done a Vauxhall since the programme started,so I dont suppose they will now.Probably the only modern classic VX in the £10 or so bracket is the LC,but I cant see them buying one and restoring it within the budget.

STMO123

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2012, 13:28:05 »

Impossible for your average Joe to replicate. Edd Child's labour costs would run into thousands.

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2012, 13:38:43 »

True.If it were a business it would have gone bust yrears ago.
Btw -my £10 reference in the above post should have been £10k. ::)

STMO123

« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2012, 14:22:52 »

True.If it were a business it would have gone bust yrears ago.
Btw -my £10 reference in the above post should have been £10k. ::)
I knew that. But you're Irish, so I make allowances  ;)

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2012, 15:57:54 »

Buy an omega for £1500 spend £1500 on it and sell for £4000 simples  ;D
I think we should get them to buy RALF from webby's workshop and any profit they make should be donated to oof  :)

belldarr

« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2012, 20:26:02 »

I love watching Wheeler Dealers but my wife and kids hate it lol, I have even entered the competition to win the jag and if I win it I will let you all have a spin :)

The show is often debated on other car forums and some have posted links to genuine ads from the production team selling the cars - it does say in the ad that anyone buying the car will have to do a "piece to camera" after the deal is done so this may explain why the buyers look so wooden and awkward.

And why does Mike Brewer shake everyone's hand so often and make such a big deal of grabbing the punters hand.......  Ed China must get really cheesed off shaking his hand every time he starts a sentence.

Darren

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2012, 21:38:28 »

??? How come you never see them doing the crappy stuff like rusty brake pipes, been watching the series since the very first programme ( an ancient mini) and never seen one done yet ?

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2012, 23:14:22 »

what was that chemical they used in the jag to clean the engine? and is it avalible yet?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.