Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback on omega 2.2 l 2001 estate z22xe misfires then stalls when accelerating  (Read 1543 times)

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile

:) Some few days ago I posted in this column that my omega 2.2L estate Z22XE was misfiring then stalling when accelerating and auto gearbox could go into limp mode.

I was advised by Mr. Albs and Mr. Proz to change the camshaft sensor. I have good news today to say that I tried to change the cam sensor, in fact the one which was there was the after market one (not original). I assume the garage replaced this one. But this time I ordered the GM made by Siemens. And the all problems have vanished. However, there is hestitation and some few jerks mainly when going up hill.   

Once again thanks very much Mr. Albs and Mr. Proz, may the Lord bless you.

albitz

Glad your sorted Gibby. :y

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile

:y :y :y :y :y
thanks sir, any advice on the hesitation and jerks mainly up hill, I have push very hard the pedal for power. Thanks, Gibby

albitz

Not sure to be honest Gibby.Im not really familiar with the 4 cylinder engine (as you may remember),hopefully someone with plenty of knowledge of them will give some specific advice. :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

maybe worth trying coil pack....thats what was wrong with mine....up hill was heavy going and missing on cyls...also display use to say gearbox fault and go into limp mode....stopped turned engine off...restarted and display went clear..until the next time...but worth a try.. :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile

Glad your sorted Gibby. :y
Hello Sir, read your message in your 'my message'

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Probably worth getting all codes cleared and BLMs reset, drive round for a week or so, and check for codes and the state of the BLMs again
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.