Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diesel Hot Start fix fitted but still having probs...  (Read 1269 times)

GSWH

• Southampton
    • View Profile

Hi all

I've purchased and fitted one of the Diesel Hot Start Fix kits but it doesn't appear to be working. I have checked, double checked and checked again the connections I've made and am 101% positive that the unit is fitted correctly. However if I try to start the car when it is still hot the glow plugs are still not activated - light on dash doesn't illuminate.

Anyone had similar probs with this kit or have any ideas what I've missed?

Thanks very much.

mathewst

• Omega Knight
  • Split, Croatia
    • v40
    • View Profile
Re: Diesel Hot Start fix fitted but still having probs...
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2012, 19:26:01 »

Why did you put hot start fix?
Glow plugs dont come on when the car is hot, compression is used to ignite the fuel.
Is hot start the only problem or starting the car in general is the problem?

BiodieselOmega

• sheffield
    • Skoda Superb Elegance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2012, 19:59:39 »

Some of the guy's on a landy site i am on have had their ip pumps retimed by people with the right kit and found the hot start prob is cured!!
May be worth a punt 8)
Free waste veg oil collections....nationwide service by local collectors....never sold for profit....always used as road fuel.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2012, 08:50:37 »

The next time it won't start when hot pour ice cold water over the injector pump and make sure the pump is cold then try and start it.
If the engine starts first kick then it's the hot start problem you have but if it still takes a few turns to kick then there are other underlying problems.
If you have fitted the hot start fix properly then the glowplug light will come on. The box only tricks the engine by making it think it's cold.(I don't think the hot start box for a range rover works on a omega if thats what you have someone might advise you better on this)
This problem can be made worse if any previous owner has put bio fuel/veg oil through it as these engines hate the stuff.

diyjoe

• Rye
    • 2003 Omega 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2012, 06:28:29 »

I had a range rover hot start kit fitted which at first failed to make any difference, worked fine once the wiring was checked and an adjustment made. The auto leccy blamed changed wiring loom colours in the car for the mistake? Once fixed heater plug warning lights came on hot or cold, but I found it was not necessary to wait for them to go off before starting when engine was hot. The car is now SORN could take the hot start kit out if any one wants it and could note how it was wired in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.