Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakes Meet 2012 Alternative Activities??  (Read 4645 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Lakes Meet 2012 Alternative Activities??
« on: 11 June 2012, 13:33:24 »

The Lakes Meet is just around the corner which is a Gorgeous place. I know we usually work on cars which is great but at the Lakes the ground is not the surface you really want to be lying under cars, not so bad doing some engine work etc where you ain't lying down.
Last year a few of us went down into Keswick to the pencil museum, the funhouse place which were great but personally I would not go again.
I would however go again to the Indoor Rock Climbing Wall that was so much fun for around £10. Hotel21 also took his handheld satnav device and again had great fun doing Geocaching, which is like a treasure hunt which was brilliant fun for free.

Would anyone else fancy doing anything like this to make it a fun weekend too?
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Lakes Meet 2012 Alternative Activities??
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2012, 13:46:40 »

I must be honest I quite fancy the idea of the rock climbing - *if* my back will hold up.

Or a lazy walk out playing geocaching, which I've never done before.

Personally, done the Pencil and Car museums to death (I often go to Lakes).

I agree the Lakes isn't ideal for most car work.  That said, not sure I could physically do too much anyway  :-[. Gay, I know.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2012, 13:48:25 »

Or if nice day, no wind, hire a big american style canoe, and go play in one of the big ponds. Or get Guffer and his boat up there :P
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2012, 14:21:46 »

I thought you just made daisy chains and played hide the sausage.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2012, 14:26:59 »

Or if nice day, no wind, hire a big american style canoe, and go play in one of the big ponds. Or get Guffer and his boat up there :P

That sounds fun to me too.
I am trying to get Mrs. Loo-knee and Junior Loo-knee's to come along to this Lakes Meet and they would be up for Rock Climbing, Geocaching, Canoeing, Sailing something a little different that we could all do and have a bit more fun doing. I suppose the Girls get bored of car work so can understand them going off shopping or what it is they have done in the past..
« Last Edit: 11 June 2012, 14:29:29 by Darth Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2012, 14:31:55 »

I must be honest I quite fancy the idea of indoor rock climbing - *if* my back will hold up.

I agree the Lakes isn't ideal for most car work.  That said, not sure I could physically do too much anyway  :-[ . Gay, I know.

not a good idea last week someone died here :(  so not recommended, lazy walk or museum much better.. :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2012, 14:50:23 »

I must be honest I quite fancy the idea of indoor rock climbing - *if* my back will hold up.

I agree the Lakes isn't ideal for most car work.  That said, not sure I could physically do too much anyway  :-[ . Gay, I know.

not a good idea last week someone died here :(  so not recommended, lazy walk or museum much better.. :)

You have to wear a harness with a rope attached to it Cem over here :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2012, 14:54:59 »

Split into 2 teams.
Build yourselfs a raft and have a race on on of the lakes  :y

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2012, 15:05:06 »

Bet Dazzle is packing his Pocahontas costume as we speak. ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2012, 15:06:41 »

Bet Dazzle is packing his Pocahontas costume as we speak. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well you know me quite well as I was going to ask if anyone was up for a fancy dress night  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2012, 15:18:24 »

I'm unlikely to have much interest in car work as the ground just isn't right for it.

I/we're game for anything... Quite happy to have a go at some climbing but more likely to go for the walk and Geocaching option as the hound can come too :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 June 2012, 15:22:59 »

I'm unlikely to have much interest in car work as the ground just isn't right for it.

I/we're game for anything... Quite happy to have a go at some climbing but more likely to go for the walk and Geocaching option as the hound can come too :y

Sounds good as we are bringing Zeus with us :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 June 2012, 15:27:03 »

Think the Indoor Climbing Wall place had picnic benchs outside, plus if some didn't fancy the climbing there is a place to spectate :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2012, 16:05:38 »

I have phoned the climbing wall place. It is £10 for the whole day, that includes showing how to use the equipment, use of there climbing shoes etc. (think you need to wear socks)
If you have a Dog they are allowed inside as long as they are kept on a lead  :y

http://www.keswickclimbingwall.co.uk/climbing-wall/

feeutfo

« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2012, 18:04:41 »

If I could guarantee thier arrival, and I could remember the small peak we where on top of at the time, I'd march us all up there again so we could watch two Raf Tornados fly down the valley of the A66, just as it turns (to thier) right towards besenthwaite lake.
 They came down there, 2 in formation, feet apart, and I swear they where zero'd on the top of the peak we poped up on and started waving at them, then quickly stopped waving and put hands up, as if to surrender, as we realised they where dead level, straight and true, head on, at almost exactly the same altitude as we where, as if practicing on a target. I swear the planes took a slight shudder as they saw us put hands up. ;D
 We could see the fluorescent yellow in the heads up display, and the pilots helmet behind. At one point I waved them off left, jokingly, as it appeared that they wouldn't make the turn if they left it any longer.
 But they did turn, as they would, hard. White lines of the wing tips as they revealed their under belly. Couldn't have been more than 300 yards away. And away, off up the valley to our left and waggled their wings as they left.

Absolutely awesome. Totally utterly awesome.

Sadly we could be up there for weeks and not see them. One of my greatest experiences that I wish I could share. If only I had a camera, although there was no time to use it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.