Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance Renewal Notice:  (Read 2129 times)

sandune

• Omega Baron
  • Essex Southend
    • 2.6 Omega Auto
    • View Profile
Insurance Renewal Notice:
« on: 22 June 2012, 12:55:23 »

My renewal is due in three weeks time ,and i've had lots of calls from a number of brokers offering cheaper premiums
which i've resisted so far.
So today the renewal arrived, £213.06 .Full comprehensive.
Basic premium with 8 years NCD-----£163.24
NCD Protection                              £23.32
Legal Assistance Service                  £26.50
  So when i'm cold called i'll be asking them to beat £213.06. So yes Churchill "I love you"

aaronjb

Re: Insurance Renewal Notice:
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2012, 12:59:43 »

Crikey that's cheap!

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2012, 13:16:56 »

Crikey that's cheap!

I'll say, I pay £5 more than that per instalment. :-[

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2012, 13:47:37 »

Just had my renewal this morning for the 3.2 from my present insurer RSA at £409 went on to go compare and got a deal from Priviledge at £222,did'nt mess around and went for it,also did the house insurance at the same time, our usual insurer Lloyds quoted at £907,Priviledge Platinum cover £317 did'nt mess around here either,let's hope in the event of a claim that they give the good service that I've had this morning ;) :y

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2012, 14:43:56 »

just a point worth noting.  insurers make nothing much on the base premium, thier profit is on the add ons

parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2012, 15:45:50 »

Thats excellent!! I'm only back on my own insurance since Jan, been working away from home and always been on company policy! 30yrs old, no ncb in last 6yrs so basically no ncb, driving 2.2 astra coupe. Was getting quotes of 2-3000, went on confused.com lowest quote was £430?!?!?!?!
Snapped it up was with company called chaucer direct. Had accident in may (not my fault) car was written off. Within 1 hr car had been picked up, had courtesy car inside 2 hrs and the paid out in full for my car within 1 week. (Actually got more for the car than I paid  :y). Anyway decided to buy an omega and was bracing myself for big jump but all they charged was a £20 amendment fee. Not bad eh?
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2012, 16:35:09 »

Thats excellent!! I'm only back on my own insurance since Jan, been working away from home and always been on company policy! 30yrs old, no ncb in last 6yrs so basically no ncb, driving 2.2 astra coupe. Was getting quotes of 2-3000, went on confused.com lowest quote was £430?!?!?!?!
Snapped it up was with company called chaucer direct. Had accident in may (not my fault) car was written off. Within 1 hr car had been picked up, had courtesy car inside 2 hrs and the paid out in full for my car within 1 week. (Actually got more for the car than I paid  :y). Anyway decided to buy an omega and was bracing myself for big jump but all they charged was a £20 amendment fee. Not bad eh?
I'm with them £409 fully comp they were at least £100 cheaper than any one else :y
I would say give them a go direct and see :y

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2012, 18:06:44 »

You can get a letter from your company if you had no accidents/claims to state no claims for 6 yrs. Most insurance companies will take this as ncd :)
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2012, 18:40:23 »

You can get a letter from your company if you had no accidents/claims to state no claims for 6 yrs. Most insurance companies will take this as ncd :)

Yeah I got that but I'd changed employers about 2 yrs ago so could only get proof for last 2 yrs as the previous company were being W###kers about writing me a letter. Didnt mind paying £400 odd, the last insurance I'd had in my own name was close to £2000
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2012, 00:19:26 »

My renewal is due in three weeks time ,and i've had lots of calls from a number of brokers offering cheaper premiums
which i've resisted so far.
Basic premium with 8 years NCD-----£163.24
NCD Protection                              £23.32
Legal Assistance Service                  £26.50
  So when i'm cold called i'll be asking them to beat £213.06. So yes Churchill "I love you"

Seems about right to me... :y
Currently with Admiral multicar, that was to help out Master Vamps, last couple of years but come September, renewal time he is on his own as this helped him a lot but our insurance was dearer, so will be back to search engines for separate insurances..... :y

I would be interested in any advice on companies who will take on an extra car for myself and get a deal as it would be with no ncb, as this is on my Jeep...........looking to buy a small run around for work.. :y

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2012, 00:59:36 »

I recently went from a 3.0 to a 3.2, and Swiftcover wanted a .79p admin fee.

I told them it would cost more to process than 79p.....but they wanted it anyway

I sent them 79p in small change wrapped in sellotape in a jiffy bag, just to be awkward, even though it cost me £2 to send it. ::)

Got a receipt 4 days later  :o
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 June 2012, 01:11:45 »

I recently went from a 3.0 to a 3.2, and Swiftcover wanted a .79p admin fee.

I told them it would cost more to process than 79p.....but they wanted it anyway

I sent them 79p in small change wrapped in sellotape in a jiffy bag, just to be awkward, even though it cost me £2 to send it. ::)

Got a receipt 4 days later  :o
:y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.