Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Aircon ..... again!  (Read 3086 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Aircon ..... again!
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2012, 15:57:44 »

Should have asked too - if I can get the valve sorted, does the system need regassed again?

Yes. Replacing the valve requires the gas to be recovered first before the sytem is opened to the atmosphere. :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 July 2012, 20:35:38 »

Cheers Andy. Ordered the valve today. Fiver plus vat as previously mentioned. Can't understand why stealer didn't know about it.
And thanks Den. I'll give Greenaways a shout in the morning and see what's what. I'll give grumpy a shout too, though not sure if he has managed to get sorted as yet himself.

Victor Meldrew

• Bangor, County Down
    • 2002 2.2 CD Auto Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 July 2012, 21:19:58 »

Cheers Andy. Ordered the valve today. Fiver plus vat as previously mentioned. Can't understand why stealer didn't know about it.
And thanks Den. I'll give Greenaways a shout in the morning and see what's what. I'll give grumpy a shout too, though not sure if he has managed to get sorted as yet himself.

Oi! Who you calling grumpy?  >:( Young whipper snapper!  ;) Bank have sorted themselves out, but now need to sort me brake pads so air con will have to wait. Will be watching with interest, let us know how you get on Jonny.  :y
"A normal man in a world full of idiots"

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 July 2012, 21:50:14 »

Can't understand why stealer didn't know about it.  .........

He's not on his own. My dealer couldn't find it & it appears that others are adamant that the valve isn't available on its own. Thanks again to Andy C for the number, but even then, because it doesn't appear to a normal GM part number some dealers it seems reluctant to believe it.   :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 July 2012, 22:26:52 »

Oi! Who you calling grumpy? 

You, you old fart  ;D
Only joking pal. Glad you finally got sorted out at the bank. I take there is a compensation cheque in the post ..............  ::)

My dealer couldn't find it & it appears that others are adamant that the valve isn't available on its own. Thanks again to Andy C for the number, but even then, because it doesn't appear to a normal GM part number some dealers it seems reluctant to believe it. 

I know Andy, it's weird! I just rang the parts dept, gave them the number, and hey presto  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.