Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Had Some FUN With a Merc SLS...  (Read 4061 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Had Some FUN With a Merc SLS...
« Reply #30 on: 26 August 2012, 12:16:16 »

As said she had plenty more in her, had her upto just under 140?? At night :-X Some time ago on a privat road like.. Even then there was a little left ... Maybe the 17" wheels has messed up the speedo or someone has done something to the engine or something who knows.. Either way I still left that Merc   ::)

No way near that, you will be getting an over reading anyway, add to that bigger wheels, its going to be way off. You were doing a more likely 120/125mph

Brand spanking new they were only good for 130mph  ;)

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #31 on: 26 August 2012, 12:23:58 »

Bigger wheels compromise 0-60 but does gain at top speed a little.... Anyways will everyone stop with the Merc bashing I know it's the better car just thought I'd share the story didnt expect all this attention, doesn't matter what you say like the Merc was idling at that speed etc I still had fun petrol mpg wasn't fun but there we have it don't think I'll share my other story after this lol    ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 August 2012, 12:35:25 »

What has generated the interest is that we always get stories like this, I beat an M5, M3, Porka Turbo and so on, usually all very questionable, as the Omega, is no sports car.

The fact you are saying the same, but with a 2.2 & up against a Merc with an AMG lump, makes it quite laughable  ;D

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #33 on: 26 August 2012, 12:42:24 »

What has generated the interest is that we always get stories like this, I beat an M5, M3, Porka Turbo and so on, usually all very questionable, as the Omega, is no sports car.

The fact you are saying the same, but with a 2.2 & up against a Merc with an AMG lump, makes it quite laughable  ;D
on the private roads yes it's doable... But a drag race then there's no chance  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 August 2012, 13:11:32 »

on the private roads yes it's doable... But a drag race then there's no chance  :y

Against a M5/M3? not in 140bhp 2 ton saloon its not  ;)

Are you on crack  ???

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #35 on: 26 August 2012, 13:14:34 »

OmegaAnglesey

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #38 on: 26 August 2012, 13:18:44 »

Are you on crack  ???
Are you serious :o .. I've never
Touched drugs in my life..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 August 2012, 13:20:58 »

Are you on crack  ???

Only wondering as you'd have to be on them to think a 2.2 Omega is a match for anything remotely sporty  ;)

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #40 on: 26 August 2012, 13:23:39 »

Are you on crack  ???

Only wondering as you'd have to be on them to think a 2.2 Omega is a match for anything remotely sporty  ;)
Where did I say the Omega is a "sporty" match...  ::)
« Last Edit: 26 August 2012, 13:33:26 by OmegaMan2.2 »

OOMV6

« Reply #41 on: 26 August 2012, 13:25:49 »

A client of mine at a 6.3 AMG Merc estate. Although it has a speed limiter on it. It, unfortunately will only go up to 300 kmh - he has managed 270, albeit very briefly.

His avarage fuel consumption is is around 20mpg. His best ever was 25, travelling at a constant 120 kmh. Blast it and ... well .... you need to have a good salary anyway

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #42 on: 26 August 2012, 15:56:58 »

I overtook a Formula 1 Renault once on a push bike  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D - unfortunately there were no SLSs about or I'd have had a go at that as well ;)

But a £200 Desmond no I think I would have been onto a loser ::) ::) ::) ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #43 on: 26 August 2012, 16:07:20 »

I overtook a Formula 1 Renault once on a push bike  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D - unfortunately there were no SLSs about or I'd have had a go at that as well ;)

But a £200 Desmond no I think I would have been onto a loser ::) ::) ::) ::)
Nice one  ;D 8)

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #44 on: 26 August 2012, 16:12:56 »

Its just a bit of fun all this no need to take it too serious  :y  ... i know my pecking order on the road..... in 1st place  ::)   ;D   :y

Seriously i do know that Merc is a much better car in every way but then again you are paying allot for it so you would naturally would expect allot in return form it... But my little 4 pot for £200 did well that's all i was trying to say..

Sorry if i did upset anyone, That wan't my intention  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.