Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Prize speakers dead ...........  (Read 1614 times)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Prize speakers dead ...........
« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2012, 22:33:09 »

This thread needs some bottles.  :P

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26795734/Valve%20Amplifier/IMGP5757.JPG

Aah - the soft glow and warm sound of tubes, so redolent of the days of single party government, Fleet Street, the Third programme and the Home Service, two channel quality television, - well one channel since it would have been difficult to justify the epithet upon ITV - a proper civil service staffed by educated people and the satisfaction of living in a sovereign nation unsullied by the avarice of unelected bureaucrats from far off lands.

Happy days indeed. :-* :-*

Nickbat

« Reply #16 on: 14 September 2012, 22:41:32 »

Aah - the soft glow and warm sound of tubes, so redolent of the days of single party government, Fleet Street, the Third programme and the Home Service, two channel quality television, - well one channel since it would have been difficult to justify the epithet upon ITV - a proper civil service staffed by educated people and the satisfaction of living in a sovereign nation unsullied by the avarice of unelected bureaucrats from far off lands.

Not to mention the nightly Horlicks. ;)

cleggy

« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2012, 22:44:51 »

Rob,

I've got a pair of Gales in the garage you can have, don't know the model number will look tomorrow :y

Dave

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 September 2012, 22:54:59 »

Not to mention the nightly Horlicks. ;)

Quite so, before retiring to a bedroom devoid of a television or computer to dream of one’s exploits that day and other great things all within in the fold of what was always expected to be this great nation- solid, reliable and unshakable.

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #19 on: 14 September 2012, 22:59:16 »

Rob,

I've got a pair of Gales in the garage you can have, don't know the model number will look tomorrow :y

Dave

Thanks Dave - I'll keep my fingers crossed. The Gale name was taken over by Richers at some point in history - with my speakers being from the old camp. If the fronts come off then check to see that they haven't suffered the same fate as mine did ..........  :'(

cleggy

« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2012, 09:12:43 »

Rob,

The speakers are Gale 3030, and yes I think they did come from Richer Sounds.

Floor standing, with grounding spikes, up to 100 Watt amp. with a 4.8 ohm impedance.

The rubbers look fine to me. :y

I now use a Bose dock for an Ipod downstairs and a small pair of B & O shelf speakers in the office, gosh they are heavy for the size!!

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #21 on: 15 September 2012, 09:28:25 »

Rob,

The speakers are Gale 3030, and yes I think they did come from Richer Sounds.

Floor standing, with grounding spikes, up to 100 Watt amp. with a 4.8 ohm impedance.

The rubbers look fine to me. :y

I now use a Bose dock for an Ipod downstairs and a small pair of B & O shelf speakers in the office, gosh they are heavy for the size!!

PM sent  :y

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 September 2012, 12:23:39 »

Have a look around. There are quite a few outfits who refurb drive units. For e.g.:

http://www.wembleyloudspeaker.com

No personal experience, but others have reported good results.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.