Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching electricity suppliers  (Read 886 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Switching electricity suppliers
« on: 20 September 2012, 18:34:55 »

Hi all, I'm very confused. I have just been on the phone to two energy comparison/switching sites. at the moment I am on Npower standard tariff having just come off contract. The two sites I contacted gave me conflicting info. one said I would be better changing to another Npower tariff  with a saving of £38  the other told   me I would be better off with Scottish power saving £59  :-\ so I phoned U switch back the first one I contacted and they confirmed that Npower is cheaper but they suggested to call Scottish power direct to check, which I did. they informed me that their tariff would be more expensive by a few pounds than the standard tariff than I am on let alone the cheaper than the other Npower tariff that I had been offered WTF is going on? has anyone had a similar experience or know what is going on?
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Switching electricity suppliers
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2012, 12:01:03 »

The tariffs vary from area to area, before you switch to anything work out your usage and more important peak and non peak usage, ie, is the house empty during the day, what appliances can run at night, washing machine, dishwasher, water heaters at off peak times etc.

then have a look at the many different plans to suit your usage even with the same supplier it can vary quite a lot.

Good luck. :y 

stewart000

• Newport, Gwent
    • Looking for Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2012, 13:31:09 »

so many plans to be on.....
it was much easier in the days when there was just one power company.
and if it was ran right, and without overcharging the same thing would work today.

power, like all esential services should NEVER have been sold off into private hands by thatchers bunce

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2012, 15:57:25 »

Hence why I'm with cooperative energy. One standard tariff and same price for each unit wether the first or the last. Not the cheapest supplier about but its keeps it simple :)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2012, 16:08:32 »

Being honest Tony, I think your pishing in the wind trying to work out who will be the cheapest. Every time I go with the cheapest recommended to me by a comparison website, after a few months I get a letter saying that they will have to increase my DD to cover the amount of supply i've used plus it's getting to that time of year where everyone will be turning the heating on so I expect there to be huge increases in price by the thieving barstewards anyway. Oh did I mention I hate them ;D ;D 
Retired

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2012, 23:40:07 »

I had a letter through today from our supplier asking if I felt I had been mis-sold my tarrif by the door to for salesman who signed us up and if we were left out of pocket cause of it. what ever next :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.