Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paye and your Jsa....  (Read 759 times)

bertie1.8vectra

• wolverhampton
  • life is but a dream....
    • Jeep cherokee 3.7
    • View Profile
Paye and your Jsa....
« on: 16 January 2013, 20:40:04 »

In 2010 i was 1 of 3 members of staff who where not successful in interviewing for their jobs which had been changed and thus enabled the new contractor to downsize staff and such..... So i had to sign on and recieve JSA for a few months till i got another job... today i recieved a letter from the inland revenue telling me i`ve underpaid tax for 2010 -2011 and owe them £436`s....Whilst talking to the lady at the end of the phone she s told me to expect another letter soon telling me i might have an underpayment for 2011 - 2012 as well..... it never rains it only pours dont it...... :( :(
Now to buy shares in BP!!!!!!!!!

STMO123

Re: Paye and your Jsa....
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2013, 20:42:53 »

In 2010 i was 1 of 3 members of staff who where not successful in interviewing for their jobs which had been changed and thus enabled the new contractor to downsize staff and such..... So i had to sign on and recieve JSA for a few months till i got another job... today i recieved a letter from the inland revenue telling me i`ve underpaid tax for 2010 -2011 and owe them £436`s....Whilst talking to the lady at the end of the phone she s told me to expect another letter soon telling me i might have an underpayment for 2011 - 2012 as well..... it never rains it only pours dont it...... :( :(
You can ask them to take it in installments, Bertie.

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2013, 22:14:03 »

Check the facts,dont take their word for it.They are notoriously incompetent as well as extremely difficult to deal with. ;)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2013, 23:12:09 »

yes - the jobsworths pursued me for several months last year for large five figure sum I did not owe as it was business expense which they tried to argue was personal. Perserverance required and find someone who knows what they are doing to check out your position. My position upheld at finish but would have been very worrying for some...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2013, 08:59:02 »

The CAG are excellent at helping with this sort of thing.  Membership is free :y

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2013, 10:44:45 »

The DWP office i have to deal with here are so incompetant its unreal. I have been out of work since mid october and have had no payments at all. They admit they are wrong with their decision but, under their own rules, as it has now gone to tribunal, they still cant pay me because it has gone to tribunal. I will find out in the next five weeks when the tribunal date will be. so maybe I will receive the money I am owed by the end of summer. £400 overdrawn in the bank, SHMBO has almost maxed her credit cards and still no  sign of work any where.
Its grim down sarf at the moment :D :D :D :D
Keith B
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.