Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaking #1 injector(diesel)  (Read 977 times)

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
Leaking #1 injector(diesel)
« on: 17 February 2013, 17:43:14 »

Thought I was using a bit much fuel on the run to Rosyth yesterday. Whipped off the cover and saw a pool of liquid around #1 injector, confirmed it was fuel, started her up and. There are bubbles coming from around the base.
I can confirm it is not the leak off pipes as they were all renewed July last year.
So, do I go in with my 27mm deep socket and tighten up or should I get new washer fitted?

My main problem is I fly back home to Spain on Tuesday so not a lot of time to get this sorted....... I might just pop it into the local spanner shop.... Decisions, decisions.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Leaking #1 injector(diesel)
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2013, 17:57:20 »

problem with tightening it is the fuel pipes(metal)then may not go back on,only wants a little degree turning and you have to bend the metal pipes,
 a new washer in theory should allow you to tighten it to the corect position for putting fuel pipe on,suppose you could try tightening it and see how you get on though? it may only need a nip and it cures it!

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2013, 22:15:00 »

I know you have new leak-off pipes, but swap a couple to make sure. If you are taking out the injector, you need to anneal the copper washer, (or replace). As said, if it's just the union, you may get away with a nip-up.

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2013, 00:33:44 »

It's definitely coming from the seal to the block, not from the leak off or the union. If I could work out how to get a video on here, you would see the frothy bubbles right at the base and the pool of fuel! Didn't have a 27m long reach so will try the local tomorrow morning.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2013, 07:44:27 »

Best way to get more play on the injector pipe is to remove number 1,2,3 feed pipes to the injectors this will in turn allow you to get num 1 pipe out off the way then using the 27mm long socket and a breaker bar just nip up the injector.
By the way are you in Rosyth (Scotland).

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2013, 08:37:45 »

Good that you know where the leak is, do you have the 2.2 or 2.5? Either way you can try nipping it up, or replacing/annealing the copper washer.

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2013, 16:44:56 »

As I'm leaving for Spain tomorrow, I decided that the local boys can have the trade! Since moving out there I have become a fair weather mechanic, LOL.

I don't live in Rosyth but was down that way watching my young lad playing against Fife southern and beating them, he plays for Carnoustie and it was a good drive out from Letham, that's how I discovered the leak, I mean 1/2 a tank for just under 200 miles!

It's a 2.5 (BMW lump) and I know if driven carefully I can get over 40 to the gallon.

I know it's a relatively easy job but, for me it's too damn cold! LOL

Jon

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2013, 19:43:41 »

As I'm leaving for Spain tomorrow, I decided that the local boys can have the trade! Since moving out there I have become a fair weather mechanic, LOL.

I don't live in Rosyth but was down that way watching my young lad playing against Fife southern and beating them, he plays for Carnoustie and it was a good drive out from Letham, that's how I discovered the leak, I mean 1/2 a tank for just under 200 miles!

It's a 2.5 (BMW lump) and I know if driven carefully I can get over 40 to the gallon.

I know it's a relatively easy job but, for me it's too damn cold! LOL

Jon

Must be a 'Manuel', as I only get 34 on a run (Auto). :y

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2013, 00:22:17 »

yes it is a manual and I just love cruise control.

Still, back home now but less sunshine than Scotland but still warmer.

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.