Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: omega insurance - classic car perhaps  (Read 1313 times)

woolley11

• Intermediate Member
  • York
    • 3.0 MV6 auto
    • View Profile
omega insurance - classic car perhaps
« on: 13 March 2013, 20:25:07 »

hi , i have a 99 MV6 auto saloon on a V plate.

the wife has her astra and i have my disco so i am having difficulty insuring the mig as all no claims used up on the other two cars and multi car policies are, despite their claims, i find are very expensive

has anyone managed to get a classic car policy on their mig. some folk reckon if a car is 10 years old it qualifies as a classic but i have drawn a blank at moment

any pointers anyone  ;)
Omega 3.0 MV6 pfl
BMW Alpina B10 3.3 Touring
VW Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign, Triumph Dolomite Sprint

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: omega insurance - classic car perhaps
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2013, 20:30:49 »

Try speaking to your current insurer... They might agree to either mirror your NCB or offer an "Introductory" Bonus as a loyal customer ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2013, 20:35:51 »

This annoys me, muchly.

You can only physically drive one car at a time, so why should it cost massive pounds to insure more than one vehicle?  I appreciate the car is subject to being damaged, set fire to or stolen when it isn't in use, but for the majority, Insurance premiums are based on past driving history and mileage.

I have, myself, looked into traders policies in the recent past and they are not economical for my needs.

/rant off
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2013, 21:40:56 »

Seems to be dependant on the car, a 2001 XJR qualifies but my omega ,although older ,did not when I queried
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2013, 23:20:18 »

the wife has her astra and i have my disco so i am having difficulty insuring the mig as all no claims used up on the other two cars and multi car policies are, despite their claims, i find are very expensive

has anyone managed to get a classic car policy on their mig. some folk reckon if a car is 10 years old it qualifies as a classic but i have drawn a blank at moment

any pointers anyone  ;)

Fraid a 99 Omega unlikely to be viewed as classic by an insurance company ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2013, 07:49:49 »

any pointers anyone  ;)
The car has to be 15yrs old and you have to be a member of a reckonised club that list your car as a classic. You could try Autobahnstormers but I doubt you will have any joy

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2013, 09:22:05 »

A way around it is to do a multicar for one year so for example Admiral will immediately credit you with NCB on all vehicles - on renewal you will have a certificate of renewal from Admiral confirming your NCB on all cars which is all the new insurer wants to see. I am in this process now - have been with Admiral for 3 years but they want £1500 to insure my 3 cars. I am going to Swinton now for Insignia and Omega and probably Sainsbury for Phaeton. The whole thing is a lottery.

Incidentally - I could get Phaeton insured with Privilege with protected NCB and myself and reckless wife on policy for £270 but the excess is £700 which is a bit high. The other cars have 5 drivers listed 2 with accidents and one with 9 points on licence but even so Omega is £270 (4000 miles) and Insignia £320 (£360 less £40 Swinton cash back). By contrast Swinton wanted £600 on Phaeton with just 2 drivers.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2013, 09:52:26 »

I got my no claims mirrored by "A quote" no problem
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2013, 12:09:08 »

yes adrian flux do it for me as well...adrian flux can be quites resonable as well :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 March 2013, 12:56:58 »

yes adrian flux do it for me as well...adrian flux can be quites resonable as well :y

Unfortunately I had a run in with Adrian Flux over policy documentation - I needed business use for myself and my son - the policy documents from Aviva only referred to social domestic - I kept asking and they kept saying not necessary as it was in their records - ended up with Ombudsman at which point they refunded all monies after about 6 months on cover. Would not liked to have a had a bang on a business trip
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.