Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vodafone renewal Agro again!  (Read 2133 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Vodafone renewal Agro again!
« on: 29 March 2013, 17:01:54 »

Cut a long story short Ive had two main Numbers with Vodafone Business for over 20 years, over the last 8 years Ive never bothered with New Phone upgrades but got Cash Back plus Airtime discount for both numbers every 12 months renewal, so over that period have managed to get some decent allowance plus some nice freebies for my custom. Now thats all finishing, renewal is up in May and there new policy seems to be sign up to same as a New Customer for 12 month Sim Only deal or start paying us some serious money on a 24 month plan with a phone!, not happy.

So time to move on me thinks, whats out there, anyone recommend some good Sim only deals with mins, text and some decent Web allowance?, dont really want to any 24 month Phone plans at the moment as want to wait to see what other 4G plans come out later this year when Voda and O2 launch thee 4G Services.

O2 is no Service at Home, so thats them and Giff Gaff out the window, so down to Vodafone with another Provider, EE (too ealy days yet me thinks) Orange / T Mobile, Virgin and Three?

Any thoughts  ;)

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
Re: Vodafone renewal Agro again!
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2013, 17:19:35 »

voda do a sim only deal for 12pounds
check out virgin as well can get a good a even better deal if you have tv with them

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2013, 17:39:21 »

First thought, how on earth you've managed to suffer ponyfone that long is beyond me.

2nd, go with best signal provider. :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2013, 18:00:50 »

Asda use the Vodafone network but charge less than half price per minute (12p instead of 25p) on PAYG, don't know about their contracts. I considered going to GiffGaff till I read their reviews. :o :o :o :y
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 18:02:25 by Shackeng »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2013, 18:08:31 »

First thought, how on earth you've managed to suffer ponyfone that long is beyond me.

2nd, go with best signal provider. :-\

Put simply In my experience the most consistent Network travelling around the UK, not the best Signal but call quality on there business Tarrifs, UK call centre, there dont care if you Tether and give a a good Data throuput again from experience.

Best signal at home is T Mobile and Voda, so looking like them or Virgin  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2013, 18:10:43 »

voda do a sim only deal for 12pounds
check out virgin as well can get a good a even better deal if you have tv with them

the 12pm Vodafone is what there trying to palm me off with, less than half my current allowances for 4pm more  >:(

Looking on the Virgin Site at the moment.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2013, 18:26:45 »

Think Asda Mobile use Voda. No idea what they are like, as Voda is universally shite wherever I go...
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2013, 18:37:44 »

Hmm, quiet like the sound of this T Mobile 12 mth Sim only Full Monty, half price for 12 months, £16.00 pm Unlimited Talk, Text and Internet. Gets down to £11.50 pm if using a Cash Back Site, down side offer ends Monday then goes back to £32.00 pm.

Never used Cash Back does it actually work? how long before you get your cash back, whos the best to use?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2013, 18:50:26 »

Be aware of patchy t-mobile coverage, esp rural. Its nowhere near O2 and Voda coverage.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2013, 18:59:41 »

Be aware of patchy t-mobile coverage, esp rural. Its nowhere near O2 and Voda coverage.

Hmm, use a T Mob now and then for Temp mobile Wifi spot, on a PAYG Sim, £5 pm Data Booster, never used them for voice calls travelling around though, one of the reasons Im kinda stuck with Voda, cant remember the, last time I had a dropped or patchy call, just a shame O2 wont do the House otherwise the old Cellnet Network system would be on the list  :y 

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2013, 22:40:48 »

Hmm, quiet like the sound of this T Mobile 12 mth Sim only Full Monty, half price for 12 months, £16.00 pm Unlimited Talk, Text and Internet. Gets down to £11.50 pm if using a Cash Back Site, down side offer ends Monday then goes back to £32.00 pm.

Never used Cash Back does it actually work? how long before you get your cash back, whos the best to use?

Yes, can't remember how long. Then you log in to the site to get it paid. I've only used TopCashback, but my daughter uses several. Read Martin Lewis Money Expert. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites#work

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2013, 22:54:46 »

Yes, can't remember how long. Then you log in to the site to get it paid. I've only used TopCashback, but my daughter uses several. Read Martin Lewis Money Expert. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites#work
Thanks S, will have a read and look in to it. The T Mob deal is a bit premature if the offer ends Tuesday, but could will do the trick for that sort of money x 2 for my needs. :y

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 March 2013, 01:14:11 »

The T Mobile deal keeps popping up frequently, After the £16 per month deal has expired on the 2nd April you will still be able to get a good deal on same network for £21 per month.

I do not work for T Mobile i drive a truck for a living but very tempted to take the offer myself, I have pondered this offer for a while and missed out on 3 occasions this deal has been on.

Since 3g and 4g has been around the normal service has been rubbish, on Orange at least.

Is the world ready for me..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 March 2013, 09:59:19 »

Since 3g and 4g has been around the normal service has been rubbish, on Orange at least.
Remember that Orange and T-Mobile have been Everything Everywhere for a couple of years, but now they are starting to use their assets more sensibly. Still patchy around these parts, once out of the town.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 March 2013, 11:02:57 »

The T Mobile deal keeps popping up frequently, After the £16 per month deal has expired on the 2nd April you will still be able to get a good deal on same network for £21 per month.

I do not work for T Mobile i drive a truck for a living but very tempted to take the offer myself, I have pondered this offer for a while and missed out on 3 occasions this deal has been on.

A friend of mine runs a small Hotel and Restaurant in the sticks not far from me, they had a Orange Micro Cell in the Car Park for years, so it made sense that He, family and the live in staff were all on Orange, it got switched off a few months ago and has been down ever since, after months of whining at Orange, EE have now informed him its now a dead duck and wont be switched back on due to the channels now being used for 4G else where, not sure if there doing the same for the T Mob Sites or if its just the Orange Network.

So much for the "we've got the biggest Network" since the merge?  :-\

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.