Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cam belt DVD on ebay  (Read 4097 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Cam belt DVD on ebay
« Reply #45 on: 12 May 2008, 18:02:41 »

I intend to win the auction to

A) See if I recieve a blaggered disk
B) Stop some other beggar from selling it on at a loss to the forum.
C) To see how Mark does it

I've seen him do it a few times now :P

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 May 2008, 18:46:50 »

This looks to be an old one as it doesn't mention V6 in the printed title.

Was that the version with the inbuilt virus ;)

Leomas

• Intermediate Member
  • Boyne Valley (on loan)
  • Ooops what did I break this time?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 May 2008, 23:36:03 »

Only a newbie but will chip in and say I have to agree. It's not the selling it on eBay that is the issue but the possibility that there will be endless copies being sold.  
Have to hold my hand up to having bought a 'full' Workshop manual on DVD for an old Rover but that was to pull it apart and use it to make a tadpole trike. Needed details which just weren't available any other way and Rover had just gone to the wall. Pirating what has put together by enthusiasts to help other enthusiasts in the hope of making a few quid is pretty desperate and hopefully anyone who is looking for info will see enough in the ad to come to the Forum.
Anyone thought of asking a question which would be visible on the auction to 'accidentally' suggest it has some errors which could cause a problem with re-assembly?
Recently 'learned up' and being more careful now, honestly.
Ummm except for where I fix one thing and break something else

HolyCount

« Reply #48 on: 13 May 2008, 13:25:51 »

Only a newbie but will chip in and say I have to agree. It's not the selling it on eBay that is the issue but the possibility that there will be endless copies being sold.  
Have to hold my hand up to having bought a 'full' Workshop manual on DVD for an old Rover but that was to pull it apart and use it to make a tadpole trike. Needed details which just weren't available any other way and Rover had just gone to the wall. Pirating what has put together by enthusiasts to help other enthusiasts in the hope of making a few quid is pretty desperate and hopefully anyone who is looking for info will see enough in the ad to come to the Forum.
Anyone thought of asking a question which would be visible on the auction to 'accidentally' suggest it has some errors which could cause a problem with re-assembly?

Might work by putting buyers off -- but will also put the forum, which is clearly identifiable, in a bad light. Errors ??? HERE ????  :o :o

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 May 2008, 14:47:09 »

Whoever it is, has recently sold their Omega on 13th April:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130211845072

At the moment I reserve judgement, BUT IF (and only if) this profit is not going to the forum, then I am disgusted.

advertised the car as needing cambelt changing only at 80,000 or 8 year intervals???!!! :o :o :o

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 13 May 2008, 14:54:13 »

Whoever it is, has recently sold their Omega on 13th April:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130211845072

At the moment I reserve judgement, BUT IF (and only if) this profit is not going to the forum, then I am disgusted.

advertised the car as needing cambelt changing only at 80,000 or 8 year intervals???!!! :o :o :o

;DHow strange ;D

i think i have to agree with james here, if it does get copied then everybody is just going to buy it off ebay >:(
« Last Edit: 13 May 2008, 14:54:34 by jimbob789 »
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

Big_Roger

• Intermediate Member
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13 May 2008, 15:17:15 »

Hi,
The description by the seller in the diatribe of models covered is not strictly correct.  
My very legal obtained DVD does not cover the variations for the 2.6 or the 3.2 But then the DVD does not say it covers these variations, it has been added by the seller, and is an incorrect description.

This is not to criticise the DVD, I would never have had the courage to change my cambelt without first watching it.

Although it may be legal to do it, I think it is wrong for it to be sold on E Bay.  This DVD was produced by a member for the benefit of OOF members, as a service, and should not be exploited in this way.

Roger

Be patient ! Something else will go wrong for you to fix if you wait long enough !!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #52 on: 13 May 2008, 15:27:24 »

I strongly disagree with this. Full stop.

There is an option via ebay to complain about various methods of theft including intellectual rights.

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 13 May 2008, 15:32:31 »

I could do with a 2.6 needing a cambelt change to do an addition to the DVD .......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.