Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension options  (Read 666 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Suspension options
« on: 23 April 2013, 11:14:06 »

Has anybody on here used Bilstien B4 / B6's with Facelift standard Mv6 springs ?

My current motor is a standard Mv6 setup which is streets ahead of the old Cd setup on the old shed but. The roll rate is well checked but it does tend to jiggle about on bumpy roads.

I've inspected the dampers and done the bounce test which all seems ok but feel it would benefit from more control of the springs.

Using Eibach springs is probably out of the question because 1/. I carry a lot of weight in the back when working and 2/. I pull a glorified burger van (12ft swift) around during the summer so need the clearance  :)
It also has a LPG donut tank sat in the spare wheel well which adds to the weight over the rear axle.

Any opinions welcome (as long as it doesn't involve politics or multiple identity's )  ;)

TIA   

05omegav6

Re: Suspension options
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2013, 11:18:40 »

The B4s seem to be well received :y Sure there are a few members who have them fitted in that combination :-\ They work well with Irmscher springs as well :y

andrew38

• Farnborough, Hampshire
  • Insignia 2.0Cdti 163
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2013, 16:47:16 »

I have the B4's with the Eibachs fitted to a CD and to be honest totally transformed the car. I had B4's put on the front before changing to the Eibach springs leaving the B4's in situ and adding same to the rear, so before the eibachs the front B4's definitely improved the ride and front control, fair value as well I thought.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2013, 20:48:23 »

I have B4's and Eibach's fitted all round on my 3.2 and really love the way it rides and handles, however, for my runaround car (when I find the damn thing!) I will be considering MV6 springs and B4 shocks solution for the exact same reasons as yours so i'll be watching this thread!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.