Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of this scam?  (Read 837 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Has anyone heard of this scam?
« on: 15 May 2008, 18:21:59 »

Received this today... Got to be a scam??

BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY  BMW LOTTERY COMMISSION  Ticket Number:*************   Serial Number:BMWP***********  Reply Email: bmwgroup.claimsdept@live.com  This e-mail is to congratulate you as your email address have won you a new BMW 2008 X6 xDrive 35i Car and a cash prize of £750,000.00 Pounds {GBP} in this years 2008 BMW Online Promotion Award Programme held today 15th of May, 2008. To file your winning claims, Please Immediately Contact;    Winning Claims Agent: Mr Larry Brain  Email: bmwgroup.claimsdesk@live.com Tel: (+44) 704 574 4183    Note: You are required to Provide Him with your Full Name(s)Ticket and Serial Number(same as above) Country and Personal Phone Number.    Engr. Krysta TELLER  Promotion Announcer. BMW Lottery Commission.    ---- Msg sent via KSU Webmail - http://atmail.com/

What do people think? And, other than calling the phone number, what harm could emailing a reply do just in case it is genuine?

I do enter a lot of online draws so it could, potentially, be genuine!! Not that I'm holding my breath!!  :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Bandit127

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone heard of this scam?
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2008, 18:50:14 »

Received this today... Got to be a scam??

BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY  BMW LOTTERY COMMISSION  Ticket Number:*************   Serial Number:BMWP***********  Reply Email: bmwgroup.claimsdept@live.com  This e-mail is to congratulate you as your email address have won you a new BMW 2008 X6 xDrive 35i Car and a cash prize of £750,000.00 Pounds {GBP} in this years 2008 BMW Online Promotion Award Programme held today 15th of May, 2008. To file your winning claims, Please Immediately Contact;    Winning Claims Agent: Mr Larry Brain  Email: bmwgroup.claimsdesk@live.com Tel: (+44) 704 574 4183    Note: You are required to Provide Him with your Full Name(s)Ticket and Serial Number(same as above) Country and Personal Phone Number.    Engr. Krysta TELLER  Promotion Announcer. BMW Lottery Commission.    ---- Msg sent via KSU Webmail - http://atmail.com/

What do people think? And, other than calling the phone number, what harm could emailing a reply do just in case it is genuine?

I do enter a lot of online draws so it could, potentially, be genuine!! Not that I'm holding my breath!!  :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Times must be hard at BMW, their staff have to use windows live free email adresses. Maybe TB's don't buy a beemer campaign is hurting them.
Its a scam mate leave it alone.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2008, 18:50:42 »

I allways paste that sort of info into google, there are forums full of complaints.

For a bit of fun I fill them in with the local police stations address

Putting the 1st line as POLICE HEADQUARTERS
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2008, 19:11:16 »

Thought it was!! I'm not stupid enough to fall for the advance courier payment scam so would have been safe but thought I'd tap the wealth of knowledge here!!!! I like the POLICE HEADQUARTERS idea though!!  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks guys.  :y :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

bertiecbx550

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2008, 19:23:11 »

i`ve been answering the phone at 3pm for the past 3 days..west midlands police..how can i help you?? as the old girls been getting phone calls from a mortage compnay demanding her bank details saying that shes behind with her payments...funny how the say sorry must have the wrong number and hang up??? ::) ::)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2008, 19:31:55 »

The other one is to have a load of premium rate numbers to add to thier return email.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.