Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uneven tyre wear on right front  (Read 706 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Uneven tyre wear on right front
« on: 12 May 2013, 12:30:43 »

Reading old threads I note that many members suffer wear on the inside edge of right front tyre. I experience this too. OOF advice is have the full geometry set up by experts. Does this cure this problem?

Is there any reason why this wear should occur on the right hand wheel rather than the left?

05omegav6

Re: Uneven tyre wear on right front
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2013, 12:34:57 »

Possibly coincidence :-\

Double check all the joints and bushes on the steering/front suspension, replace as necessary, then full and proper set up.

It's the only definitive solution :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2013, 13:19:49 »

Al is correct, i put poly bushes on the front of mine with new rubber bush in rear of wishbone and new drop links and new idler, got a full check done and all is still good :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2013, 16:07:21 »

Al is correct, i put poly bushes on the front of mine with new rubber bush in rear of wishbone and new drop links and new idler, got a full check done and all is still good :y
There is a poly alternative for the rear bush, but work is experimental to say the least :-\ and the jury is definitely still out as to their suitability. Although the initial impressions were positive considering the car being used to test them is knocking on 250k :y

To add to what Joff has said, changing the rear subframe bushes for poly ones is yet another positive step in body control and improved handling :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.