Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thorough parking warden  (Read 2720 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Thorough parking warden
« on: 15 May 2013, 11:17:36 »

A car has just been ticketed outside my office window, fair enough as it was out of time. As you expect they usually take a picture of the car but not this many.....17.....from every angle too,  ermmm why ?

Maybe he used to work for Autotader :-\
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: Thorough parking warden
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2013, 11:44:57 »

Don't get me started on Traffic Wardens. You get your fair ones don't get me wrong, but you get your busy bodies as well  >:(.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2013, 15:15:12 »

Don't get me started on Traffic Wardens. You get your fair ones don't get me wrong, but you get your busy bodies as well  >:(.

Aye some seem to get enjoyment out of the job  :(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2013, 15:24:47 »

And why shouldn't they ?? They are doing a job that needs doing .. if you park legally you don't get a ticket .. simple really :)  I'm all for them giving tickets to those who are to lazy to park correctly, safely and legally.

The idiots who want to pop in to the bookies/newsagents/postoffice/cashpoint (delete as applicable) and think they can park on double yellows while they do so simply deserve either to get the side of their cars stove in or a ticket as they block the road to other users purely out of selfishness and laziness.

I'd love to be a traffic warden near the local school ... I could issue 50 tickets twice a day without breaking into a sweat .. :)

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2013, 15:30:31 »

And why shouldn't they ?? They are doing a job that needs doing .. if you park legally you don't get a ticket .. simple really :)  I'm all for them giving tickets to those who are to lazy to park correctly, safely and legally.

The idiots who want to pop in to the bookies/newsagents/postoffice/cashpoint (delete as applicable) and think they can park on double yellows while they do so simply deserve either to get the side of their cars stove in or a ticket as they block the road to other users purely out of selfishness and laziness.

I'd love to be a traffic warden near the local school ... I could issue 50 tickets twice a day without breaking into a sweat .. :)

Aye you got a point there , seen a lot of people parking on zebra's near the schools not giving a toss about what danger they are causing but have seen them get booked for doing so , agree with that  :y

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2013, 15:48:44 »

Theres a new sherif in town, you can picture it now,  ;D ;D ;D no one would be safe :y

Rog

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2013, 16:45:14 »

Where I live people would park slap bang in the middle of the road if they could, and not give a toss about inconvenience to others.  >:(

However, I live near a railway station and there is no parking between 1pm and 2pm. This is to prevent comuters from leaving cars parked all day. At 1 minute past 1 you will see a warden on a motor scooter (with L plates) whizzing  :D around at speed looking for victims.

Realistically, this is to my advantage.  :y I live there and don't want my street crammed with cars. But it is completely obvious that these guys are chasing cash, trying to get as many tickets issued as possible in that one hour time period. It doesn't affect me, I don't park on the street.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2013, 18:43:21 »

IIRC you are allowed 3/5 mins on double yellows.....and i believe the ticket machines the parking wardens use, wont issue a ticket until the 3/5 mins is up......ie after they have entered the vrm into the machine.  ;)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2013, 19:39:17 »

IIRC you are allowed 3/5 mins on double yellows.....and i believe the ticket machines the parking wardens use, wont issue a ticket until the 3/5 mins is up......ie after they have entered the vrm into the machine.  ;)

Now that is a interesting bit of info  :)
I pulled into a parking bay in town last year.
Walked across the road into a news agents and bought a paper so I had some change.
I was 5 mins max away from the car and some traffic warden (polite version) was entering my details into his box of tricks.
Explained the situation (politely for me) and was told it was too late because he had entered the details  >:( >:( >:(
When the council run the warden service, you could have a word and as long as you didn't take the pish you would be ok for a few minutes.
Once it went out to private tender, the barstards will hide behind cars, down alleyways to catch people out  >:( >:(
Its also well known round here that those of them who give out the most tickets get preferential treatment when it comes to holidays ect 

dazzerM

• Reading
  • Mokka 1.7CDTI, BMW 120D Shadow (It’s a work car)
    • Which ones closest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2013, 21:56:36 »

I used to have a friend that was a traffic warden, I can assure you she took no pleasure in her work and for £18K a year to walk round Reading for 10 hours a day it was just a means to an end until she finnished her degree

Although last time I see her, she is now a police officer so obviously enjoyed wearing a uniform  :D
Darren

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2013, 22:08:44 »

I used to have a friend that was a traffic warden, I can assure you she took no pleasure in her work and for £18K a year to walk round Reading for 10 hours a day it was just a means to an end until she finnished her degree

Although last time I see her, she is now a police officer so obviously enjoyed wearing a uniform  :D

There's actually a very pretty lady traffic warden walking around these areas lately. I was most shocked when I first clocked her  :o :o.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2013, 23:40:26 »

Not allowed to wait or park on double yellows - https://www.gov.uk/waiting-and-parking/waiting-and-parking-238
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2013, 23:41:41 »

There's actually a very pretty lady traffic warden walking around these areas lately. I was most shocked when I first clocked her  :o :o.

:o :o :o Sorry Del didn't see the "l"  ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2013, 04:49:20 »

:o :o :o Sorry Del didn't see the "l"  ;)

i thought he meant clocked her as in slap, you know how he gets around wardens :-X :) :)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2013, 06:17:01 »

Not allowed to wait or park on double yellows - https://www.gov.uk/waiting-and-parking/waiting-and-parking-238

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-yellow_line

Hence my 3/5 min  ;) :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.