Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching property with a Double garage.  (Read 5928 times)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Searching property with a Double garage.
« Reply #45 on: 04 June 2013, 22:29:33 »

My advice on buying "expensive" property - if you're married don't fall out and get divorced!!

I got divorced back in 1986 and lived locally in a nice 3 story 5 bed detached farm house, 3 bathrooms and very large living area (had a full size snooker table in the hall), 6 seater Inglenook in the lounge etc etc, together with detached brick built 4 car garaging, with parking for 5 cars + horsebox.  All in 5 acres, with brick built stabling, hay barn, 1/2 acre orchard with 30 apple trees, 5 plum trees.  Had to sell when I divorced :(

Up for sale recently - £700K - wish I still lived there.  But thats life I guess
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 June 2013, 22:34:20 »

I want the house 2 doors down, which has just sold again.

But the asking price was more than I would be prepared to pay, just to gain a double garage.

Should'a put in a cheeky offer TB!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05 June 2013, 00:54:22 »

Don't forget Chris they're starting to build the first of 2 thousand houses 1/2 mile from me,butting up to the A329M...and as the corrupt Reading council have said they are going to be 'affordable' oink! oink! NOT!! ::)
Yes I've seen the adverts and stuff in the agents windows. Utter rubbish. I won't do another New build anyway,  but that aside, they all seem to be so crammed in. Front doors not 5 feet from the pavement, and those with a garage barely have enough room to get a good size car on the drive, be able to open the garage door, and not have the boot blocking the pavement so pedestrians have to step into the road.

My journey home sees the traffic backed all the way up downshire way/329m to the motorway slip roads. All because of that stupid junction they put in to service that new development.

Which is a good point. That makes access to Crowthorne and Sandhurst area from Bracknell a nightmare that will only get worse.  :(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 June 2013, 08:50:30 »

What about Farnborough?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 June 2013, 10:57:26 »

Mrs. KW's aunt has this for sale at the moment:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37137205.html

Needs a bit of work, TBH, but 4 bedrooms with en-suite, in a nice area. Double garage and car port.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 05 June 2013, 11:03:03 »

For a Semi that looks pretty nice :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 June 2013, 11:12:08 »

For a Semi that looks pretty nice :y

I'd say it suffers a little from having most of its' room upstairs, due to the fact that it's extended over the car port. A study downstairs and perhaps a larger kitchen would be nice. That said, the bedrooms are all a decent size, not the "2 bedrooms plus 2 cupboards" you get with a lot of modern 4 bedroom houses. If you can use one of the bedrooms as a study / man cave then it'd be fine.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #52 on: 05 June 2013, 12:04:03 »

My place suffers from that bedroom syndrome a little - the 'fourth bedroom' is suitable for a cot or a desk and not much more while the middle room isn't much better (a single bed is about the most you'd fit in there)..

If I could find something like that place that was detached and within my price range.. oh and the garage should either have a pit already or enough headroom for a lift.

Not asking much, I know.. ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 June 2013, 12:11:35 »

My place suffers from that bedroom syndrome a little - the 'fourth bedroom' is suitable for a cot or a desk and not much more while the middle room isn't much better (a single bed is about the most you'd fit in there)..

If I could find something like that place that was detached and within my price range.. oh and the garage should either have a pit already or enough headroom for a lift.

Not asking much, I know.. ;D

.. but you've just built a garage with a pit, and you need to focus on getting that snake on the road before the summer's over... ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 June 2013, 13:14:02 »

Mrs. KW's aunt has this for sale at the moment:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37137205.html

Needs a bit of work, TBH, but 4 bedrooms with en-suite, in a nice area. Double garage and car port.

Ooh that ticks some boxes. I'll show H. We'd have cash left over too. Although we've just gone through the pain of fitting a new kitchen. Well I say just, must be 6 years ago now. Guess I better finish it off.  ;D
Commute would be doubled though, and I know she won't like the bed rooms over the car port as we have both had bedroom over garages as kids, and they are a bugger to keep warm.

I really like the car port though. Hmm.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 June 2013, 13:16:56 »

Bedroom size is an issue where we are. We spent almost a year looking for a house with decent size bedrooms. So relatively speaking our bedrooms are quite big, bit still small IMO.

This also makes finding another house better than the one we have, but with the extra features very difficult.

aaronjb

« Reply #56 on: 05 June 2013, 13:33:15 »

.. but you've just built a garage with a pit, and you need to focus on getting that snake on the road before the summer's over... ::)

You mean summer 2020, right?  :-[

omega3000

« Reply #57 on: 05 June 2013, 15:10:56 »

More pictures of garages and car pits please !! Never mind the bedrooms  ::) ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.