Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone worked for the AA before?  (Read 5310 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone worked for the AA before?
« Reply #30 on: 23 June 2013, 22:32:07 »

If you ask me the only way that you will work less than 60 hour weeks in the transport industry is by working for an agency and only making yourself available 3 or 4 days a week.  ;) If you do three 15 hour days then you've clocked up 45 hours, however if you want to earn decent money then you have to do the 60 - 70 hour weeks.  ::)

As you have a Class 2 Kate, have you thought about doing supermarket deliveries.  I think there are a few supermarket distribution centres around the West London area. For example,  Sainsbury's have one at Feltham and for sure they will use agency drivers.  :y

The other thing that I would look into given your location, is the catering companies serving the airlines at Heathrow.  I knew a bloke who did it for a while, made good money and said it was fairly easy as it was 'shuttling' the containers from the company's base on a nearby industrial park into the airport.  :y

I reckon there are 'nicer' driving jobs out there than recovery, don't get too fixated on it!  ;) Good luck with your search!!  :)

When I lived in Hertford I did some agency HGV1 driving for Sainsburys, around London, I had stipulated no central London driving, as I did not know the area well enough, loads of work, I only did weekends as I worked full time..............then I started Minicabbing instead........ :D :D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 June 2013, 22:34:40 »

If you ask me the only way that you will work less than 60 hour weeks in the transport industry is by working for an agency and only making yourself available 3 or 4 days a week.  ;) If you do three 15 hour days then you've clocked up 45 hours, however if you want to earn decent money then you have to do the 60 - 70 hour weeks.  ::)

As you have a Class 2 Kate, have you thought about doing supermarket deliveries.  I think there are a few supermarket distribution centres around the West London area. For example,  Sainsbury's have one at Feltham and for sure they will use agency drivers.  :y

The other thing that I would look into given your location, is the catering companies serving the airlines at Heathrow.  I knew a bloke who did it for a while, made good money and said it was fairly easy as it was 'shuttling' the containers from the company's base on a nearby industrial park into the airport.  :y

I reckon there are 'nicer' driving jobs out there than recovery, don't get too fixated on it!  ;) Good luck with your search!!  :)

When I lived in Hertford I did some agency HGV1 driving for Sainsburys, around London, I had stipulated no central London driving, as I did not know the area well enough, loads of work, I only did weekends as I worked full time..............then I started Minicabbing instead........ :D :D   

Yes but that was in those far off days when you hacked a Thames Trader  & a Jowett Javelin around the grey city streets! ;D ;D ;D
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 June 2013, 22:37:39 »

Yes but that was in those far off days when you hacked a Thames Trader  & a Jowett Javelin around the grey city streets! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for that Gramps, some stuff should remain in the family......... :P :P :-*

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 June 2013, 22:43:26 »

Thanks for that Gramps, some stuff should remain in the family......... :P :P :-*
[/highlight]

Always a pleasure to share Mike, better me than Wikileaks! ;D ;D ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 June 2013, 00:28:20 »

So Mike was driving round London in the 1940's?  ;D ;D ;D

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 June 2013, 00:29:18 »

So Mike was driving round London in the 1940's?  ;D ;D ;D

He's older than my great great granny. ;D ;D ;D ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 June 2013, 07:59:59 »

If kate has a class 2 the amount of work around feltham(Heathrow) is unreal and its good money,mainly airfrieght related.
Hoof'land storeman.

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 June 2013, 19:55:48 »

Got a rejection from them today.

It took 46 minutes. :-[
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.