Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Glastenbury Energy  (Read 11051 times)

05omegav6

Re: Glastenbury Energy
« Reply #105 on: 01 July 2013, 00:31:10 »

Should I not have posted then? Just because I'm not in the political clique, it doesn't prevent me, or anyone else for that matter, from either having an opinion or from voicing it.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 01 July 2013, 00:32:26 »

To be honest I can't see what all the hoo haa is all about.  ::)  If you don't like the look of a thread don't read it simple!!  ::)

If certain members want to pontificate on tyres, the EU or custard then that's fine by me and I may or may not look at that thread or comment on it.  We all like chatting about different stuff. That's life both here and in the real world!  ::)

Live and let live folks!!  :) Life is just too damn short to get worked up about stuff like this!!!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

« Reply #107 on: 01 July 2013, 00:33:26 »

Reading between the lines, and early threads on oof in the early years the pattern seems quite similar.

Polotics clique post as normal, the main stream members joined in to try and lighten the mood for fear a mass depression undoing all the hard work they did building the forum, and succeeded.

As time goes on the clique continue, and main stream members at the time gradually get worn down and give up trying to keep things on track and light hearted. To the point they really can't be bothered with the same old dross every day(generally speaking) and leave them to it.
Some moved on, some of those as a direct result of the polotics/missery, some refuse to post in gen chat anymore, some suggest closing the section altogether. Downward spiral into the depths of the daily mails plug hole until the place is dead as a door nail.

Me, why stick my neck out, risk a ban and upsetting people? Because if it continues, there will BE NO FORUM AT ALL, if admins comments are to be believed.

Therefor there is absolutely nothing to loose from my point of view. Just after Xmas this was not a place I wanted to be, as said. I had the phone numbers of the friends I'd made here, there was no point posting on oof. Nobody could be bothered. Christ, we spent more time discussing the polotics issue than anything else outside oof anyway.

So, what's to loose...? (Q admin ban ;D )

chrisgixer

« Reply #108 on: 01 July 2013, 00:36:14 »

Polar opposite on the result of the poll as well.

Maybe another moan to admin, on the sticky subject this time. ;)

Result of poll 53.2% voted to allow Politics. 46.8% voted against. Is that the 4th one this weekend ? I cant keep up. ;D
Yeah your right actually, can i borrow a sunbraro? ;D

last I looked it was Tother way about. The poll is still open so obviously there's been votes since. Damn! ;D

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 01 July 2013, 00:37:01 »

Reading between the lines, and early threads on oof in the early years the pattern seems quite similar.

Polotics clique post as normal, the main stream members joined in to try and lighten the mood for fear a mass depression undoing all the hard work they did building the forum, and succeeded.

As time goes on the clique continue, and main stream members at the time gradually get worn down and give up trying to keep things on track and light hearted. To the point they really can't be bothered with the same old dross every day(generally speaking) and leave them to it.
Some moved on, some of those as a direct result of the polotics/missery, some refuse to post in gen chat anymore, some suggest closing the section altogether. Downward spiral into the depths of the daily mails plug hole until the place is dead as a door nail.

Me, why stick my neck out, risk a ban and upsetting people? Because if it continues, there will BE NO FORUM AT ALL, if admins comments are to be believed.

Therefor there is absolutely nothing to loose from my point of view. Just after Xmas this was not a place I wanted to be, as said. I had the phone numbers of the friends I'd made here, there was no point posting on oof. Nobody could be bothered. Christ, we spent more time discussing the polotics issue than anything else outside oof anyway.

And were quick enough to come back..... :D :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #110 on: 01 July 2013, 00:40:08 »

And were quick enough to come back..... :D :D
Some where quite stubborn buggers it has to be said. ;)

chrisgixer

« Reply #111 on: 01 July 2013, 00:41:03 »

Polar opposite on the result of the poll as well.

Maybe another moan to admin, on the sticky subject this time. ;)

Result of poll 53.2% voted to allow Politics. 46.8% voted against. Is that the 4th one this weekend ? I cant keep up. ;D
Yeah your right actually, can i borrow a sunbraro? ;D

last I looked it was Tother way about. The poll is still open so obviously there's been votes since. Damn! ;D
Actually, I sense a conspiracy coming on. :-\ ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 01 July 2013, 00:42:13 »

Who are the so called 'mainstream' members then?  :-\

I seem to remember a while back there was a big falling out, accusations of cliques forming, and members throwing toys out of prams etc etc...   ::)  Were these the 'mainstream'?  ???   ::)   :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #113 on: 01 July 2013, 00:44:49 »

I seem to remember a while back there was a big falling out, accusations of cliques forming, and members throwing toys out of prams etc etc...   ::)  Were these the 'mainstream'?  ???   ::)   :-\
They weren't on the admin team then.

albitz

« Reply #114 on: 01 July 2013, 00:48:57 »

Lets not forget that this thread was started by a long standing (albeit rarely posting) member,who has a particular interest in engineering in general and its use in energy production in particular. His posts and activities in this field were formerly welcomed and considered to be of benefit to the forum. It went badly wrong with the first reply,and then downhill after that.A pause for thought and contemplation,followed by an apology offered with a tinge of genuine humility could have saved yet another 7 pages or so of navel gazing.
He seemed genuinely bewildered by the reply,and I would imagine will be even more bewildered if he pops back and reads what has become of his thread. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 01 July 2013, 00:53:16 »

They weren't on the admin team then.

;D ;D ;D Well that's all right then!  ;D ;D ;D

I know one thing though.... this thread has generated enough hot air to power bloody Glastonbury!!!  ::)  ;D

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 01 July 2013, 00:54:41 »

chrisgixer

« Reply #117 on: 01 July 2013, 01:03:38 »

Lets not forget that this thread was started by a long standing (albeit rarely posting) member,who has a particular interest in engineering in general and its use in energy production in particular. His posts and activities in this field were formerly welcomed and considered to be of benefit to the forum. It went badly wrong with the first reply,and then downhill after that.A pause for thought and contemplation,followed by an apology offered with a tinge of genuine humility could have saved yet another 7 pages or so of navel gazing.
He seemed genuinely bewildered by the reply,and I would imagine will be even more bewildered if he pops back and reads what has become of his thread. ;)
Ah yes, the old naval gazing line, so how self centred is the politics clique exactly? Hmmm?

Remember, the underlying problem though. Oh wait, that would have to be akowledged first. ::)

albitz

« Reply #119 on: 01 July 2013, 01:13:45 »

The "politics clique" is an invention of your imaginiation in response to the accusation a long time ago that a clique existed within OOF.
It doesn't exist.Simple as that. Of all the people who would be deemed to be members of the politics clique,I have only ever communicated with one of them via PM or any other method,for example. Its a case of say it often enough and people will accept it as true,which I would guess half a dozen people (at most) have. ;)
The underlying problem,is subjective. Different people have different views as to what the problems (if any) are. ;)
I would suggest though,rereading the main point of my post.It may have been a bit blunt but it wasn't a points scoring exercise.It was a serious point. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.