Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glastenbury Energy  (Read 10786 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Glastenbury Energy
« Reply #120 on: 01 July 2013, 01:17:56 »

Who are the so called 'mainstream' members then?  :-\

I seem to remember a while back there was a big falling out, accusations of cliques forming, and members throwing toys out of prams etc etc...   ::)  Were these the 'mainstream'?  ???   ::)   :-\
They weren't on the admin team then.

;D ;D ;D Well that's all right then!  ;D ;D ;D

Can't get anymore main stream than that surely?

Let me ask you, do you believe the forum would continue in its current form with gen chat as it was? If you do I understand your point off view, but if not your not making any sense.
There's alot involved running Oof, an awful lot if you have a job as well, which they do. Why would you run a forum you didn't enjoy using yourself, again, as TB's post?

chrisgixer

« Reply #121 on: 01 July 2013, 01:23:47 »

The "politics clique" is an invention of your imaginiation in response to the accusation a long time ago that a clique existed within OOF.
It doesn't exist.Simple as that. Of all the people who would be deemed to be members of the politics clique,I have only ever communicated with one of them via PM or any other method,for example. Its a case of say it often enough and people will accept it as true,which I would guess half a dozen people (at most) have. ;)
The underlying problem,is subjective. Different people have different views as to what the problems (if any) are. ;)
I would suggest though,rereading the main point of my post.It may have been a bit blunt but it wasn't a points scoring exercise.It was a serious point. :y
D
Are you Hez bollar(?) or something? Refusing to recognise the admin state?

On its previous course the forum would close. I firmly believe that anyway. No income from parts through here, no customers. Dealing with ebay instead. You of all people should be concerned about that surely?

Of maybe you don't believe it? Fine, but don't cock it up for others aye.  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 01 July 2013, 11:06:08 »

Bickering isn't helping, boys and girls. Thats aimed at everybody and nobody in particular.

Who ever said that there was no politics involved (Nickbat?), please reread the early part of the thread. Granted, maybe not particularly mentioned, but more than implied, which is why I chipped in earlier.

Whoever implied no politics clique (Albs?) - when H21 posted the thread about politics, the amount of PM activity dramatically increased. Without knowing the content, I can't say why, but it would be coincidental, would it not? I imagined it would be along the lines of "General Discussion will be like the Mary Celeste" - which we knew it it would be, having been overrun by those pushing their own agendas, and not allowing other viewpoints. The whole section became a very hostile place for anyone not a member of the OOF Branch of UKIP. BUT it would be worth it if those who had always not been allowed in that section would be able to post topics without having other peoples' views forcibly rammed down their necks.

Whoever suggested the postcount thing was contrived (Albs?) - you are incorrect. Or if it was, nobody told me (either before or after the event). It would appear some people, clearly not including me, got some light hearted entertainment from the tree thing.

Personally, I do not want to see censoring, but that relies on everybody playing by the rules. As we will never, in any walk of life, have everybody playing by the rules all the time, and element of censorship. Its a sad fact of life. Unlike many other similar sites, OOF was always conceived to have a tiny moderation team with very little moderation required, and an (almost) anything goes attitude to posts, as long as its legal. Over the years, we've had to tweak things, but we're mostly still at that original view on things. BUT we do require people of play along.

So please reread my original post I made on this thread, and digest. Thank you.

Miked - sorry your post turned in to this, unfortauntely you stumbled upon a delicate (wider) subject that has caused a very corrosive divide in OOF.  :'(
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 17 queries.