Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.6HDi 16V VTR Plus Engine question  (Read 1292 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
1.6HDi 16V VTR Plus Engine question
« on: 24 July 2013, 22:28:20 »

As fitted to Citroen Peugeot etc..............

I had a car for 3.5 years with this engine and loved it, not a sports car but huge, great fuel economy and did for me..... :y

Love my Jeep but fuel costs are quite high, love the fact that it makes me different from most in my Job so that is a big +

The big Mercedes 2.7 diesel engine will run forever, if serviced regularly, I don't make it work hard, anyone know what the longevity of the above engine may be, as I have seen a car I might be interested in...... :y :-[

No need to go off topic, and only answer if you know, thank you............. :y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: 1.6HDi 16V VTR Plus Engine question
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2013, 09:57:01 »

All down to how its been looked after Vamps,seen many of these with starship milage and still running well but also seen quite low milage examples spit there turbo's out unexpectadly :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2013, 19:34:24 »

Is that the same engine as fitted to the previous Focus :-\

If so be afraid, very afraid :o Ebay is littered with 'one owner, fsh' 1.6 diseasel Focuses with around 80-110k and bllown engines...

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2013, 20:13:42 »

If so be afraid, very afraid :o Ebay is littered with 'one owner, fsh' 1.6 diseasel Focuses with around 80-110k and bllown engines...

They don't like long life service intervals,if oil is done every 5k they will carry on
other rides 

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2013, 20:18:28 »

They don't like long life service intervals,if oil is done every 5k they will carry on
Buy this nice new car. It only needs servicing every 20k, and will last for ever ::) Not ;D

No prizes for guessing who the one owner was either...

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2013, 21:20:12 »

The car I went to look at is a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, a big 7 seater estate car........... :y :y

I like these cars but not about these engines long term, I asked the salesman and he replied that he did not know, he was a salesman, a pretty poor salesman tbh imho, due to go back tomorrow, or monday if I go to the caravan (static) for a valuation on the Jeep and a test drive........ ;) ;) He told me someone was coming from Cleethorpes on Tuesday, yeh right, there must be 100's of these cars between there and here...... ::) ::)

I_want_an_Omega

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2013, 21:56:41 »

how about this one?

http://www.cdauctiongroup.com/BTFleet/winChild.asp?m=1&v=51489&l=111112

Nah, If I go for one I want a red or blue one, loads around if I was desperate..... :y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2013, 22:45:07 »

The car I went to look at is a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, a big 7 seater estate car........... :y :y

I like these cars but not about these engines long term, I asked the salesman and he replied that he did not know, he was a salesman, a pretty poor salesman tbh imho, due to go back tomorrow, or monday if I go to the caravan (static) for a valuation on the Jeep and a test drive........ ;) ;) He told me someone was coming from Cleethorpes on Tuesday, yeh right, there must be 100's of these cars between there and here...... ::) ::)

Keep away from the semi auto Mike,world of pain waiting to happen,it's a manual box with automated clutch,strange feeling driving one :-X
other rides 

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2013, 23:05:40 »

Keep away from the semi auto Mike,world of pain waiting to happen,it's a manual box with automated clutch,strange feeling driving one :-X

Yep, no creep like you get with an auto, and a slight pause when pressing the throttle, which you get used to.... ;) ;)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2013, 23:28:52 »

Yep, no creep like you get with an auto, and a slight pause when pressing the throttle, which you get used to.... ;) ;)

Weird feeling with the changes up too,bonnet drops then rises,not seamless like a normal auto,one I look after is a 2.0 hdi 136 bhp,goes very well :y
other rides 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.