Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just spotted this 04 plate  (Read 2970 times)

grain.ben

Just spotted this 04 plate
« on: 10 October 2013, 17:04:58 »

Went to pick the little un' from school and managed to park next to this..........

.............had a look around it, having a nosey like you do, then the owner came out, "erm, I saw you eyeing up my car, oooh look you have one too, just comparing was you?" , "yes actually" I replied and she smiled, "oh, I thought you was going to steal it for a minute there" , me, me steal a car, never haha. She went on to explain that it was her husband's and she only uses it now and then. I asked her to point her husband in the direction of OOF, so showed her my livery on the back window  ;D. Then shes stood there locking and unlocking the doors  ???, then she says, "bloody drivers door wont unlock" , so me being me went to have a nosey, oh yes, drivers door locking motor gone, so again, I pointed her in the direction of OOF. Made me chuckle a bit.

Turns out its exactly the same spec as mine, but without the 2.2 next to the Omega badge. Fairly good nick for 120k and I like the colour too  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Just spotted this 04 plate
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2013, 18:11:44 »

but without the 2.2 next to the Omega badge.

Yeah they slowly dropped the engine badges.... my X Plate 2.2 is badged on the back "2.2 16v"

FatherT's Y plate is badged "2.2" but later on they must have run out of 2.2 badges  ;D

grain.ben

« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2013, 18:17:19 »

Yeah they slowly dropped the engine badges.... my X Plate 2.2 is badged on the back "2.2 16v"

FatherT's Y plate is badged "2.2" but later on they must have run out of 2.2 badges  ;D

I did wonder what it was, just looked at the clocks, rpm 7000 and 140mph = 2.2 petrol  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2013, 18:22:57 »

I expect Vx realised that Desmond owners might be embarrassed to admit that they could only afford two thirds of an engine!!  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

grain.ben

« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2013, 18:24:40 »

I expect Vx realised that Desmond owners might be embarrassed to admit that they could only afford two thirds of an engine!!  :P

Here we ago again  ;D pick on the 4pot owners  :P

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 October 2013, 18:27:38 »

No embarrassed owner here, 2.2 engine is far better than a 3.2  ;)  ::)

3.2 has yet to prove itself to me, so far it's very thirsty, a bitch to work on and only available with sludge boxes  ;D

grain.ben

« Reply #6 on: 10 October 2013, 18:32:01 »

No embarrassed owner here, 2.2 engine is far better than a 3.2  ;)  ::)

3.2 has yet to prove itself to me, so far it's very thirsty, a bitch to work on and only available with sludge boxes  ;D

Which is why I still wont be buying one.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 October 2013, 18:36:22 »

Went to pick the little un' from school and managed to park next to this..........

.............had a look around it, having a nosey like you do, then the owner came out, "erm, I saw you eyeing up my car, oooh look you have one too, just comparing was you?" , "yes actually" I replied and she smiled, "oh, I thought you was going to steal it for a minute there" , me, me steal a car, never haha. She went on to explain that it was her husband's and she only uses it now and then. I asked her to point her husband in the direction of OOF, so showed her my livery on the back window  ;D. Then shes stood there locking and unlocking the doors  ???, then she says, "bloody drivers door wont unlock" , so me being me went to have a nosey, oh yes, drivers door locking motor gone, so again, I pointed her in the direction of OOF. Made me chuckle a bit.

Turns out its exactly the same spec as mine, but without the 2.2 next to the Omega badge. Fairly good nick for 120k and I like the colour too  :y

A mere woman driving a large powerful car like an Omega.......whatever next. ::) ::) ::) :-* :-*

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2013, 18:39:20 »

Some V6s, 3.2s included actually have a proper gearbox ::)

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 10 October 2013, 18:45:19 »

thirsty, a bitch to work on and only available with sludge boxes 

Ah i just realized why im missing my Omega  ::) :'(

Yep , still want another one  ;D

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2013, 19:14:25 »

Look in the parts wanted section.. there beggining to get hard to get.A members got wants one.But no reply 

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2013, 19:30:55 »

Hard to get hold off?  ;D

Nah loads of them about, they are all the same mini facelift onwards.

MR MISTER

« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2013, 19:35:11 »

I should imagine there are lots of omegas in scrapyards/breakers.

albitz

« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2013, 19:52:39 »

Not any more ime.Most of them have long since been crushed. They wont keep them sitting around in scrappies for long like they might with a more modern car,as there isn't a huge demand for the parts. Front c/l motors are getting a bit hard to find.Im sorry I haven't kept a spare one for myself in case I need one.
My MOT man mentioned yesterday,that Im the only person who goes there now in an Omega for MOT or any other work.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2013, 20:01:07 »

Not any more ime.Most of them have long since been crushed. They wont keep them sitting around in scrappies for long like they might with a more modern car,as there isn't a huge demand for the parts. Front c/l motors are getting a bit hard to find.Im sorry I haven't kept a spare one for myself in case I need one.
My MOT man mentioned yesterday,that Im the only person who goes there now in an Omega for MOT or any other work.
Your wrong cos tunnie said so  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.