Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine speed sensor location  (Read 389 times)

JamesT

• Camberley
    • 1997 Omega 2.5
    • View Profile
Engine speed sensor location
« on: 14 October 2013, 09:43:05 »

Hello, can anyone tell me where the engine speed sensor is on a 1997 2.5 petrol automatic.
I am getting a 'no rpm signal'.
Using an analyser on idle the revs vary between 540 and 650 instead of 610. which must mean that it is getting a reading from somewhere ???
I am also getting O2 sensor bank2 low voltage. I tried changing the O2 sensors over the weekend. I managed to change the one on the drivers side but the one on the passengers side will not budge at all.
I've sprayed it with various rust release sprays and even bought an O2 sensor removal tool to no avail.
Any suggestions :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Engine speed sensor location
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2013, 10:03:11 »

"No RPM Signal" (code 31, if memory serves) is always reported with the engine stopped. Check it while running and it will probably have disappeared.

As to the Lambda sensor, just keep spraying it with plus gas every couple of days, then try getting a bit of heat into it with a blowtorch before releasing.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesT

• Camberley
    • 1997 Omega 2.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2013, 10:28:59 »

I have used plus gas on it but perhaps it needs a bit longer.

is it safe to use a blowtorch under the car?  I hope I do not have a petrol leak.
But I will give it a try next weekend. I will spray with plus gas every evening until then.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2013, 12:17:18 »

If you can read live data it would be worth having a look at the signal from the lambda sensors before going too far. It just might be a wiring issue to that sensor or another issue such as an induction air leak that's putting the mixture out on that bank.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 17 queries.