Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another spectacular own goal from the Unions...  (Read 5443 times)

albitz

Re: Yet another spectacular own goal from the Unions...
« Reply #30 on: 23 October 2013, 20:06:28 »

My employer puts in 10% regardless of what I put in,which is much better than what I had previously.
Previous employer had a final salary scheme initially,but sent a letter to employees one day informing them that they had shut it down.
They said that if employees got themselves a new pension scheme they would match employee contributions - up to 5%.
A few years later it transpired the contributions had only been matched up to 3%. They denied ever saying 5% until I produced my copy of the letter thy sent. They then claimed it was a typo error and they wouldn't honour it.
If there was ever a company which deserved an unreasonable militant union, Milbank concrete floors was it. ::) ;D

a single worker has no power in front of the "system" ..  without unions , the system will chew you and spit you any moment..

Been there done that Cem. I was a Union official (and very left wing) in a previous life. As I said earlier,imo there is a place for reasonable,non political unions in the workplace. :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #31 on: 23 October 2013, 20:15:05 »

My employer puts in 10% regardless of what I put in,which is much better than what I had previously.
Previous employer had a final salary scheme initially,but sent a letter to employees one day informing them that they had shut it down.
They said that if employees got themselves a new pension scheme they would match employee contributions - up to 5%.
A few years later it transpired the contributions had only been matched up to 3%. They denied ever saying 5% until I produced my copy of the letter thy sent. They then claimed it was a typo error and they wouldn't honour it.
If there was ever a company which deserved an unreasonable militant union, Milbank concrete floors was it. ::) ;D

a single worker has no power in front of the "system" ..  without unions , the system will chew you and spit you any moment..

Been there done that Cem. I was a Union official (and very left wing) in a previous life. As I said earlier,imo there is a place for reasonable,non political unions in the workplace. :y

happy to hear that :y

with your permission, cant I correct one word  :) please.. :y

when you ask "where the money is gone"  its pure politics.. when you decide where to spend money, its politics..

its the same for community or a group or a family.. actually its basically the science to determine  how the cake must be shared..

as said by Aristotle "human is a political animal" ;D :y

so a union defending its members rights cant stay out of politics obviously :y :y :y

albitz

« Reply #32 on: 23 October 2013, 20:18:19 »

If all the money in the world was redistributed equally tomorrow Cem,what do you think the outcome would be ?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #33 on: 23 October 2013, 20:22:42 »

If all the money in the world was redistributed equally tomorrow Cem,what do you think the outcome would be ?

let alone all of it , even if some portion of it was distributed equally, millions of children wont die from hungerness, many old would live longer and many of us would have the chance to live  a bit more healthy , and many wouldnt go bed at night with an empty stomach and so many woman wouldnt have to sell their bodies for few pennies :) :y

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 23 October 2013, 20:23:17 »

Unions should be apolitical in a free and democratic society, actually in any society...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 October 2013, 20:24:54 »

Next 3 weeks? Wtf?  ???

12.6 is good, many others I know get nothing  :o

Compared to most of my Uni class mates, Sky's is one of the highest.
Law changed 2 or 3 years back, if employee puts in 5%, employer must put in 6% (% figures may be a % out), if more than 5(?) employees

Hummm, cause Sky lowered their rate since I joined. It used to be I put in 4, they put in 8. Which is what I am on.

Now it's you put in 3, they put in 6. Change came with new state pension thing, I chose not to opt out. So in effect I get 3 pensions. Apparently.
The state opted in thing is planning to end soon, under the current simpler pension reform.

And as you haven't built much into that, due to your age, you can pretty much write that off.  I have a linky on my works laptop, so when I fire that up Friday, I'll dig it out.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 October 2013, 20:26:17 »

let alone all of it , even if some portion of it was distributed equally, millions of children wont die from hungerness, many old would live longer and many of us would have the chance to live  a bit more healthy , and many wouldnt go bed at night with an empty stomach and so many woman wouldnt have to sell their bodies for few pennies :) :y
I think you over-estimate the number of middle class and rich people cem...
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #37 on: 23 October 2013, 20:28:24 »

I think you over-estimate the number of middle class and rich people cem...

I wish I am wrong.. and would be very glad to hear it :) :y

05omegav6

« Reply #38 on: 23 October 2013, 20:28:30 »

Get real Cem... there isn't a region on this planet that is unable to produce food...

The issue literally lies with a handful of individual tuesdays...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 23 October 2013, 20:30:41 »

Unions should be apolitical in a free and democratic society, actually in any society...

impossible even theoritically :-\ where many group together there will always be politics..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #40 on: 23 October 2013, 20:31:56 »

Get real Cem... there isn't a region on this planet that is unable to produce food...

The issue literally lies with a handful of individual tuesdays...

ı'm real ı'm afraid..  :( try unpainted news

[scratches head] probably you are reading only for UK :-\
« Last Edit: 23 October 2013, 20:33:36 by cem »

05omegav6

« Reply #41 on: 23 October 2013, 20:41:03 »

Really... where do you think most of Europes fruit comes from?

Answer: Africa and South America.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #42 on: 23 October 2013, 20:47:30 »

Really... where do you think most of Europes fruit comes from?

Answer: Africa and South America.

Al, I'm not going to discuss the food production in Africa and south America.. but I simply tell you the facts.. search a bit, you will see :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23 October 2013, 20:51:50 »

My solution to the world being overpopulated is a mass cull.

Guessing I won't be voted into government though, sadly.
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #44 on: 23 October 2013, 20:54:05 »

All is the most important word in this context Cem. If you think logically what would happen after it was redistributed,it answers many of the philosophical, practical and political questions which have been argued over for generations. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.