Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from sunny Cornwall..  (Read 1283 times)

aaronjb

Hello from sunny Cornwall..
« on: 27 October 2013, 15:27:52 »

On my holibobs this week down in Cornwall - a nice cruise down in the Omega aside from the gearbox having a collywobble when we were almost here and dropping out of drive and then back into gear with a thump (oil change or thrust washer required, I imagine).

Anyway.. this is the view from our bedroom window this morning (our room is downstairs, upstairs with the master bedroom and reception rooms has an even better view of the bay, beach and harbour):

If this house ever came on the market I'd move heaven and earth to buy it.. even has a double garage downstairs and space for another in the garden.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from sunny Cornwall..
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2013, 15:28:36 »

Very nice  :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2013, 15:44:48 »

Yes it has that effect down there. I find.

Have a lovely time, both. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2013, 16:39:22 »

Aand we're back and I'm back at work.

Post holiday blues in full effect now, along with a little sleep deprivation after yesterday's 5am start and midnight finish (up early to vacate the house, breakfast from St Austell, back to Gorran for a little while, drive back, thank parents for house & cat sitting - and doing a long list of DIY jobs for us! ;D - and then the weekly shop).

If the house we stay in ever comes up for sale I would move heaven and earth to afford it and do everything I could to move there. It truly is a beautiful house in a beautiful location.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2013, 16:45:32 »

What was the weather like in the two storms of the last 10 days, where the house is in such an exposed position?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2013, 16:49:05 »

Fantastic! Nope, really.. it got a bit windy one night but, realistically, no windier than I've experienced anywhere else.. topology makes it quite sheltered from anything but an on-shore wind from directly East; any other direction (even by 30º or so) and you're sheltered by either the hillside behind & beside or across the bay.

Even when the (heavy) rain rolls in it tends to blow through in 10-20 minutes, unlike the so-so rain we get around Bracknell that has a habit of turning up in the morning and drizzling all day..

[edit] In fact in the storms all that happened was the chairs on the deck reshuffled themselves to one end of the deck. Unlike back home where the gazebo ended up a crumpled heap at one end of the garden..
« Last Edit: 04 November 2013, 16:51:06 by aaronjb »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2013, 17:32:43 »

That looks wonderful, as Cornwall is! :y :y :y

Don't forget to pig out on genuine Cornish Pasties! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2013, 17:48:08 »

Mmmm. I have trouble with Pasty shops. :-\

Trouble walking past them, that is. :P :P :P
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2013, 17:50:05 »

We had very nice pasties for dinner one night from Presto Pasty in Mevagissey  :y .. and very nice chish & fips from Fisherman's Chippy in Mevagissey another night.

Soup and bread now we're back home..  ;D although I have a hankering for both curry and sushi..

PAULCDX

« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2013, 18:11:07 »

Looks blooming lovely there,  :y

Bet you enjoyed giving the Mig and good ride down there, lovely..........  ;)  :D

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2013, 18:59:24 »

We had very nice pasties for dinner one night from Presto Pasty in Mevagissey  :y .. and very nice chish & fips from Fisherman's Chippy in Mevagissey another night.

Soup and bread now we're back home..  ;D although I have a hankering for both curry and sushi..

Every time I've been there it's blowing an absolute gale even though everywhere else it's calm :)

Glad you enjoyed Cornwall a very nice county :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 November 2013, 19:04:45 »

That looks wonderful, as Cornwall is! :y :y :y

Don't forget to pig out on genuine Cornish Pasties! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

Not those 'Gristlers' ones though..........unless of course you're partial to connective tissue and scrotal sac. ;D ;)

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2013, 20:25:58 »

enjoy tuor holibobs mate :y :y :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.