Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alcohol is good for your health  (Read 1834 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Alcohol is good for your health
« on: 23 November 2013, 16:29:16 »

A scientific journalist has analysed thousands of research papers on the effects of alcohol and health and found that moderate consumption especially red wine is good for most people's health. He said the medical establishment, ie your local doctor, are pretty ignorant on the benefits of moderate consumption, especially a glass or two of red wine with an evening meal, which by coincidence is how the French and Southern Europeans typically drink. There is also a genetic element to how beneficial alcohol is to a persons system, so for a small minority it can make things worse.

It is good to see somebody do some unbiased good analysis backed by scientific research.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2512175/Alcohol-good-health-leading-science-writer-claims-tipple-prevent-cancer-help-improve-sex-life.html

Cheers to that.  :y :y :y :y :) :) :) :)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol is good for your health
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2013, 16:56:31 »

One of our Spanish neighbours puts his longevity(90's) down to having consumed a quarter of a litre of red wine with lunch and same again with dinner every day for the last 80 years.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2013, 17:00:15 »

Red wine is apparently very good at preventing heart disease,which is probably one reason why southern Europeans suffer much less from heart problems than we do.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2013, 17:05:38 »

I once read somewhere....that chilean red wine is good for the heart .... something do to with the type of soil the grapes are grown in  :y

cleggy

« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2013, 17:26:16 »

You want to see the size of my wine glasses, each holds about a bottle full  ::) so a couple of glasses a day suits me :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2013, 17:27:38 »

ok.. let me repeat again..  I'm not against rare consumption of alcohol.. its ok..

but its prooved that red-black grape juice have much more effect than the red-wine.. (both being tested comperatively against humans blood system)

so no need to make wine producers more rich ;D but probably you will prefer to believe that red wine is better just to drink in every lunch ;D ;D

but trust me your liver doesnt agree with you :(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2013, 17:34:36 »

You want to see the size of my wine glasses, each holds about a bottle full  ::) so a couple of glasses a day suits me :y

Ive got one of those glasses  :D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2013, 17:37:56 »

ok.. let me repeat again..  I'm not against rare consumption of alcohol.. its ok..

but its prooved that red-black grape juice have much more effect than the red-wine.. (both being tested comperatively against humans blood system)

so no need to make wine producers more rich ;D but probably you will prefer to believe that red wine is better just to drink in every lunch ;D ;D

But things left in alcohol last forever....so stands to reason....a liver soaked with alcohol will last a long time  :y

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2013, 19:22:34 »

Nice. The daily mail. Truly a reputable institution to be taking medical advice from. Excellent truly scientific article!  ::)

By the way the amount that is considered beneficial is half a small glass of wine. I have yet to see a small wine glass in any pub or friend's house that I have been in.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 November 2013, 19:35:36 »

It's only since I did lots of research that I am now worried I've done damage to my liver during my 20s

I've never done spirits, just beer between 4 and 5%. I would regularly drink 4 pints most days in my 20s. I never "needed" it, just seemed to fall into the routine. To us it was always social. Medically it's alcoholism.

Now in pushing 30, I genuinely worry about what it's done to my liver. I know it's robust and can regenerate itself, but how much do you have to go before its irreversible?

For the last couple of months I've cut right down, don't miss it much ...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2013, 19:49:06 »

But things left in alcohol last forever....so stands to reason....a liver soaked with alcohol will last a long time  :y

;D ;D ;D but thats not alive and working..  ;D :y

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2013, 19:54:03 »

all i can say is........ gimmee gimmee gimmee the reder the better :D :D :D :D
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2013, 19:57:15 »

il drink to that  :-*

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2013, 19:58:02 »

It's only since I did lots of research that I am now worried I've done damage to my liver during my 20s

I've never done spirits, just beer between 4 and 5%. I would regularly drink 4 pints most days in my 20s. I never "needed" it, just seemed to fall into the routine. To us it was always social. Medically it's alcoholism.

Now in pushing 30, I genuinely worry about what it's done to my liver. I know it's robust and can regenerate itself, but how much do you have to go before its irreversible?

That's nothing to the average bloke up here who did that through teens, 20's,30's,40's 50's and still going, the thing that has stopped the daily visits to the pub are the prices in many cases......... :(

I stopped drinking Pints due to illness in my early 40's still enjoy the odd one just can't take the volume and as I used to enjoy a Malt at the end of a night in the pub changed my allegiance to Whisky now, though mostly indoors.......... :y :y

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2013, 20:08:05 »

That's nothing to the average bloke up here who did that through teens, 20's,30's,40's 50's and still going, the thing that has stopped the daily visits to the pub are the prices in many cases......... :(

I stopped drinking Pints due to illness in my early 40's still enjoy the odd one just can't take the volume and as I used to enjoy a Malt at the end of a night in the pub changed my allegiance to Whisky now, though mostly indoors.......... :y :y

mmm whisky,same here mike id love to go out and sink some pints but it bloats me up so a few pints/bottle of wine and then the scotch comes out  :-* :-*.if I could afford id drink nowt but scotch but then id be an alky  ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.