Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded Suspension  (Read 566 times)

Duke01

• Southampton
    • 03 3.2 Elite Lpg
    • View Profile
Upgraded Suspension
« on: 05 December 2013, 12:18:38 »

For those that may be interested, one of my rear shocks had seized. Didnt fancy the stealers prices so have fitted bilstein b4 all round, with standard killen springs on the front and heavy duty killens on the rear to help with the towbar and lpg tank.
The handling is transformed, each to their own but i fully recommend it to anyone who is considering upgrading. The mot station said it failed on two front bushes and they had to fit new wishbones, at £70 each plus labour. (which with two tyre fittings came to £200 labour alone) I argued and told them to press new ones in as i didnt want pattern wbs. They said the labour would be more, so i gave in in the end but very dubious about this. Hmmm. But hey the car is riding great!  ;D

chrisgixer

Re: Upgraded Suspension
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2013, 15:43:27 »

Ask them, immediately, if they tightened the wishbone bolts with the wheels hanging/car off the ground.

If they say yes, take it back immediately and get them to tighten the bolts with the wheels loaded/suspension at normal ride height. Or the front bushes will fail early. Within weeks. Earlier if the bushes are cheap copies.

Or, just cut to the chase and fit poly front bushes to the wishbones. These offer further improvements in steering accuracy with a very slight trade off in harshness.

But do one or the other immediately to save your tyres, as you don't mention set up after the work. (Full geometric set up, caster, camber and toe.... see wheels in motion web site (black boots)

They are right that labour would be higher. But it depends what wishbones where fitted if this is a cheaper option long term. There are some shockingly bad pattern parts out there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.