Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dilema  (Read 947 times)

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
dilema
« on: 12 December 2013, 18:04:12 »

my bus a 1993 3.1 td bighorn is now 21 years old and a few repairs that need doing is turning me towards saying goodbye,im gonna go Saturday and have a go in a td5 auto landy but( big tempting but) is they also have a 4.0l v8 which is lpg,d and that's the dilemma.has anyone had experience of either of these or should I stay away from one or both

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: dilema
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2013, 18:12:30 »

my bus a 1993 3.1 td bighorn is now 21 years old and a few repairs that need doing is turning me towards saying goodbye,im gonna go Saturday and have a go in a td5 auto landy but( big tempting but) is they also have a 4.0l v8 which is lpg,d and that's the dilemma.has anyone had experience of either of these or should I stay away from one or both

Td5 auto is gutless unless chipped and not much better on fuel than the V8,I have a manual V8 and love it,very refined compared to the oiler,look out for rear chassis rust as it can be very bad from the rear axle back and make sure all the warning lights come on at ign on self check,its not unusual for the leds to be blanked off hiding all sorts of poo :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2013, 18:17:40 »

Td5 auto is gutless unless chipped and not much better on fuel than the V8,I have a manual V8 and love it,very refined compared to the oiler,look out for rear chassis rust as it can be very bad from the rear axle back and make sure all the warning lights come on at ign on self check,its not unusual for the leds to be blanked off hiding all sorts of poo :y
cheers  :)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2013, 19:14:52 »

Further to above,the 4.0 can suffer the dreaded liner slip which gives head gasket symptoms but with more aggro,also the Td5 can suffer the oil pump bolt undoing with the obvious consequences,again look out for head gasket failures or the oil smelling of diesel due to injector seal leakage into sump or a crack in the head doing the same thing,other than that they're pretty good really ;D ;D ;)
other rides 

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2013, 19:46:53 »

ive always thought that a car was developed to run on petrol therefore adding gas is no good same with diesel and veg oil so im gonna have a go in both just for the hell of it  ;D I wish the 300,s had forward facing back seats

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2013, 20:51:49 »

ive always thought that a car was developed to run on petrol therefore adding gas is no good same with diesel and veg oil so im gonna have a go in both just for the hell of it  ;D I wish the 300,s had forward facing back seats

Shame there bodies didn't dissolve so quickly too,the D2 shell doesn't rot,only the chassis  ??? ;)
other rides 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.