Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Marks & Spencer's PR disaster  (Read 9638 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Marks & Spencer's PR disaster
« Reply #90 on: 23 December 2013, 09:52:37 »

So, it wasn't a "policy" at all .. it was what happened to an un-named customer ... and I wonder why it got all the publicity it did ....  me .. a cynic ??  never

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25488259

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 23 December 2013, 10:00:47 »

Well bugger me with a fish fork....this thread went pear shaped quite quickly.  ::)

Why do folk get so uptight when it comes to politics? I have a view. You guys have a view. They may differ widely. Just agree to disagree  :)

Whatever takes your fancy Steve :o :o,seriously though I agree,politics don't interest me so I don't read them,I only read this as I saw that Nick had jumped ship :(

;D ;D ;D

That's the only reason I read it tbh. I figured something heavy must have gone down.  :-X
RIP Paul Lovejoy

05omegav6

« Reply #92 on: 23 December 2013, 10:04:00 »

So, it wasn't a "policy" at all .. it was what happened to an un-named customer ... and I wonder why it got all the publicity it did ....  me .. a cynic ??  never

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25488259
No cynics here Nige... ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 23 December 2013, 10:13:48 »

Whatever the aspects of the thread the forum has lost a long standing member as he felt bullied by members who didn't like what he posted.  :(

My feelings are that we should be able to talk or get outraged about whatever we like in this section, as long as it's decent, legal and dosn't set out to attack or offend anyone.  ??? If people don't like certain topics don't read them and don't post on those types of thread, it's quite simple.  :)

Nickbat's departure is a very sad day for the forum in my opinion.  :(  :(  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 23 December 2013, 10:15:19 »

I thought the original post was just highlighting news of the stupidity of either some minority of people or a well known store.

I don't believe for one second the Op ever intended to stir hatred of any kind. Hatred is only stirred when others who may not like such posts then insult the Op over his post in one form or another.

If you don't like such posts, ignore them and let them run their natural course. JMHO.

I wish no ill to anyone who has posted on this topic and hope that it is not blown so far out that we become a divided forum, we're all deserving better.

Merry Christmas all.  :)
AKA - Mr Bracket

05omegav6

« Reply #95 on: 23 December 2013, 10:30:34 »

Posts 9 and 10 seem to sum it up :-\

If the original post was not intended to rile, why react so vehemently to Lizzies response, itself inflammatory...

It is difficult to bite your tongue sometimes, as we all know only too well, but if you choose to take exception to someone elses reaction, then perhaps a moment to consider that reaction is well advised ...

Anyhoo, Peace and Goodwill to all :-*

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 23 December 2013, 10:43:55 »

On numerous occasions .. not just this thread but others, the minute Nick's views were challenged in any forthright manner, he played the "I'm being bullied" card. That in itself says lots to me about his "requirements" of "debate".

Always a shame to see someone leave, but if you can't accept a differing view to your own ....

chrisgixer

« Reply #97 on: 23 December 2013, 10:58:18 »

On numerous occasions .. not just this thread but others, the minute Nick's views were challenged in any forthright manner, he played the "I'm being bullied" card. That in itself says lots to me about his "requirements" of "debate".

Always a shame to see someone leave, but if you can't accept a differing view to your own ....

Quite. Join in the public hanging, or your a bully. Oh the irony ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #98 on: 23 December 2013, 11:05:47 »

Quite. Join in the public hanging, or your a bully. Oh the irony ;D
As with everything else, a simple matter of perspective ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #99 on: 23 December 2013, 11:08:26 »

Q defending post from Albs. ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 23 December 2013, 11:08:57 »

The original link was to a Fail article, which would suggest that the origin/fabric of the story would be somewhat embellished either through poor reporting and researching of the facts or even a deliberate attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill.  Today's news suggests that it was a very different occurrence than what was originally reported.  Thus the OP's view was based on a falsity.  He was also rather entrenched and seemed somewhat touchy to any other point of view being expressed.  The fact he used the word bully when it is quite clear that no one was treating him that way suggests something else rather than the alternate opinions expressed on the thread (unless there were PMs going on that we won't know about)

Many, myself included, are tired of the threads which simmer with hate and intolerance toward others which are often fuelled by inaccurate facts or articles by those with vested interests.  It is not the subject(s) which cause the problems but the ways in which they are expressed, by a minority.  I have seen and experienced first-hand where that hate can go and what it can do to others.

Some people talk of Christian values but I wonder how many of those who use them as a yardstick to measure our current way of life go to Church at all, let alone just the big days such as later on this week.  Also understand that in the early days Christians were a horrid beast by today's standards and were guilty of the most awful atrocities toward mankind.  And if you want to talk about Christmas, let's not forget that it's date was chosen by scholars to be near the Winter Solstice so that it was more palatable to Pagans who were being forced to convert.  I understand that Jesus' real birthdate is somewhat later in the year.  I used to consider myself a Christian and I was a regular Church-goer but faced with the intolerance and inequalities it exalts, I could no longer associate myself with behaviour which contradicted what I was taught about being a good Christian.  I am in the process of educating myself properly about other religions so that I can understand what is fact and fiction in the headlines and tripe we get fed.

This is a car forum, with a large side of banter, provided free by a group of volunteers who go out of their way to make this place what it is (even when errant gas bottles get in the way).  Personally, when I see such threads and knowing that they are going to go on and on....all I can think about is the poor OOF disc space capacity.

albitz

« Reply #101 on: 23 December 2013, 11:15:27 »

Whatever the aspects of the thread the forum has lost a long standing member as he felt bullied by members who didn't like what he posted.  :(

My feelings are that we should be able to talk or get outraged about whatever we like in this section, as long as it's decent, legal and dosn't set out to attack or offend anyone.  ??? If people don't like certain topics don't read them and don't post on those types of thread, it's quite simple.  :)

It wasn't just because of this thread, although it was the final straw.In the past people have got hot under the collar,spat their dummy,then calmed down and remembered there was so many more good reasons to be a part of OOF then bad ones.
The situation now for quite  few long standing members is pretty much the reverse, which is why they either leave or just don't participate any more.
Nick told me last week that there were three people left who made it worthwhile for him to stay here,but he knows that one of those is planning on leaving in the next week or so.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 23 December 2013, 11:19:07 »

As posted by Entwood, this was basically a whole load of 'dangle berries', just made to stir up ill feelings. I still don't get the objective of the thread, other than to hope people post hatred against them and their beliefs. Along with Dave bashing, I'm not protecting him or saying he is brilliant, he's not. But doing a damn site better than the last mob, I also notice there was never one thread of praise, just always there to kick people when they are down.  :(

As for the supermarket thing, I worked at Tesco many, many years ago. I was 16, as such, I could not sell booze. (i had to be 18)

So i was only put on till as a last resort, if mega busy or understaffed, as I had to ask for someone 18+ to process booze through the till for me. I suspect it's same with Muslim staff, tills only as last resort, other tasks to be done.

chrisgixer

« Reply #103 on: 23 December 2013, 11:26:01 »

It wasn't just because of this thread, although it was the final straw.In the past people have got hot under the collar,spat their dummy,then calmed down and remembered there was so many more good reasons to be a part of OOF then bad ones.
The situation now for quite  few long standing members is pretty much the reverse, which is why they either leave or just don't participate any more.
Nick told me last week that there were three people left who made it worthwhile for him to stay here,but he knows that one of those is planning on leaving in the next week or so.
I think, like some do he will be back. So not overly concerned he's left. Hopefully on return he will join in more, its all anyone wanted at the end of the day.

As you say, the world continues to turn, regardless of politics, religion and controversy. The trick is, to enjoy some of it while we're here.

Happy Christmas to everyone. :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 23 December 2013, 11:29:09 »

I find your post somewhat fascinating, honestly, no cynicism or sarcasm intended at all.

You imply that Nick posted, on a forum with perhaps 50 odd regular users and a smattering of "visitors", purely for the benefit of 3 others ???

Or are you saying that he believed that 3 others agreed with his point of view ??

Either way ... it does, IMHO, show that he posted purely and simply to make/force a reaction for his own ends, as he "knew" that the majority disagreed with him ... but his posts always tried to imply that he "spoke for the majority" .... again, IMHO, further proving either dishonesty of intention, or downright hypocrisy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.